We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sundance Film Festival

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
Sundance Film Festival

We will be in Park City the same time as the festival. Not interested in the festival. Interested in more of the outdoor activities. Will the town be over run with festival goers? Or is the festival worth getting tickets for? Any advise would be helpful.

Park City, Utah
reviews: 1
1. Re: Sundance Film Festival

The town WILL be overrun with festival goers, however the mountains and ski areas are strangely empty (relatively speaking).

Restaurant reservations = difficult

Lift lines = not bad at all!

Newport Beach, CA
reviews: 47
2. Re: Sundance Film Festival

I partly had to reply because we share a portion of a user name: goldens!

I love being in town during Sundance and I agree with Thomas's response. I've had luck getting dinner reservations if I make them relatively early (as in ahead of time) or if I make them off of Main Street, so don't let that deter you. Many places will have you guarantee your reservation with a credit card.

I think it is fun to go see a couple of films. You can just use the wait line system or check the ticket office to get day-of or unsold tickets, depending on when you're there.

Everyone always talks about how empty the mountain is for skiing during the festival. That is somewhat true, but the first time I went, I expected to be alone on the mountain and that wasn't the case. It's a nice time to ski, but you won't be the only one out there. I've even seen some actors out skiing before.

Have a great time!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 231
3. Re: Sundance Film Festival

Definitely a great time to ski. And while restaurants downtown on Main Street are packed, you still have lots of options out at Newpark/Redstone at the junction that aren't as bad.

For sure you should consider going to a film or walking Main Street. This is an amazing, electric time to be in Park City. Just take a free bus to Main Street and watch the people.

The wait list process for films is pretty easy and it will be an experience you can't get anywhere else.

Have fun.

Park City, Utah
4. Re: Sundance Film Festival

Well along with the Skiing and Films, the Sundance Film Festival is also known for bring in some of the biggest names in the music industry and is full of concerts. A website I have found that is usefull to find all that information is localtourist.com/parkcityutah/….

Hope this is helpful.

florida
reviews: 1
5. Re: Sundance Film Festival

my property is available 2nd half of sundance

www.vrbo.com/169762

contact me today

Houston, Texas
reviews: 129
6. Re: Sundance Film Festival

I had the most disturbing experience at the Sundance Festival. I've attended the Festival several times but this time I decided to register to select my film tickets in advance and avoid the wait list aggravation. After paying a cool $355 for the privilege of selecting the films, I was given a time window of 1/2 hour (!!) on a Friday afternoon when I was working and away from my computer. Too bad! Having missed my arbitrarily allocated and impossible to change window, I missed all privileges of paying in advance. In fact, I even lost my money (!!!). Instead of tickets I was given vouchers that could be exchanged for tickets. Unfortunately, all tickets sold out and none were available. I could also stand in line to see if someone did not show up. Unfortunately other people in the same waitlist paid only $15 for the tickets while I paid more than $35 for my vouchers. So, I paid in advance $35 per vouchers, did not get to see the movies I wanted, and other people could see the same movies for $15. If that is not a ripoff, what is? My advice? Never pay for Sundance Film Festival registration. No matter how interesting the benefits of registration the truth is that you only pay a lot of money for no advantage, no product, and no service. You can watch (or not watch if sold out) the same films without paying a registration fee, and at a much lower price.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 231
7. Re: Sundance Film Festival

Sorry you had a problem. In all fairness to Sundance, the procedure for purchasing packages and tickets and purchasing them online is very clear. Yes, it does require you to make a purchase beginning at a certain time. But the process is spelled out in a step-by-step fashion, communications is made well in advance and the online system works very well.

In all honestly, I've never seen value in the packages versus individual tickets. And the waitlist process at theaters has also been refined over the years and is reasonably painless. I've been to five movies so far this year and I think the full waitlist was cleared at every movie.

Sundance is a great experience!

Amsterdam
reviews: 10
8. Re: Sundance Film Festival

The festival website and many other film festivals can be found on http://www.filmfestivalcalendar.net/

9. Re: Sundance Film Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 25, 2014