We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Park City from SLC Airport

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Getting to Park City from SLC Airport

I'm arriving in Park City Thursday morning. My friend is arriving later and will be able to get a car through work to use for the weekend so I'm not going to rent. I was wondering if anyone has advice as to how to get from the airport to Park City since I'd like to get an afternoon of skiing in. Specifically, I was wondering if anyone know about shuttles (how often they come? How much they cost? do you need to have a group etc)?

11 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, UT
reviews: 15
1. Re: Getting to Park City from SLC Airport

The company that is often times recommend is this one:

http://www.allresort.com/van.aspx

It's $39 one way. Definitely reserve in advance as they don't just continuously "run through" the airport. Definitely cheaper than a taxi for 1 person. Good luck!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 194
2. Re: Getting to Park City from SLC Airport

In case you weren't aware, your airline boarding pass is good for a free lift ticket Thursday if you get in early enough. All Resort or sister company Park City Transportation is best way to go to get up here.

visitparkcity.com/visitors/…

Fairfax, Virginia
reviews: 1
3. Re: Getting to Park City from SLC Airport

We used All Resort's shared shuttle van service last week to go to Park City from the Salt Lake airport (and back). We opted for the shared van, rather than a private ride, for the lower cost, and it generally worked out -- but there were definitely issues with communication. We booked by phone, because the online site was not working, and were told it would be a 10-15 minute wait once we arrived at the airport. The email confirmation said it would be a 15-20 minute wait. Then once we arrived and checked in at the All Resorts Desk, we were told 25-30 minutes. It ended up being 35 minutes, and I'm not sure why, because the other group that shared our van had been waiting for at least 20 of those minutes.

Pick-ups to return to the airport are booked only on the hour. For the return trip, we had booked a 7 a.m. pickup because the agent on the phone told us it would get to the airport by 7:40 a.m. However, when I called the evening before to confirm, a different agent said that there is a 20-minute window, so a 7 a.m. pickup might mean 7:20 a.m. -- and that the driver might then still be picking up as many as 4 or 5 other groups, so we couldn't count on getting to the airport before 8:20 a.m. We had to move to the 6 a.m. pickup as a result.

Bottom line -- we got our rides both ways -- but if All Resorts had communicated their policies better to us in advance, we might have gone with a private ride instead. I'd definitely recommend checking out the different prices -- especially if you have a large group, it might not cost much extra to get a private ride, and then you can travel on your own schedule.

Miami
reviews: 26
4. Re: Getting to Park City from SLC Airport

I have used both private and shared rides. The private service we use is $100 plus tip. However, I don't use this when I travel alone. You never know how long you will wait for a shared ride or how many riders there will be. That is the nature of a shared ride, and the tradeoff for the cheaper price that they charge.

We use Tri M Transport for private transport. Very good company. They pick you up in a stretch Suburban and pick you up right outside baggage claim. Their number is 801-330-0030.

Park City, Utah
5. Re: Getting to Park City from SLC Airport

Per KP975's comments shared ride is fine if you don't mind waiting..... but if time is important and you want to get on the slopes quickly then go with private transportation, the one I use is Pro Trans ( http://www.protransutah.com/ ) and they charge $79 for a nice SUV

newyork
reviews: 64
6. Re: Getting to Park City from SLC Airport

It depends how many you are.

I travelled with my 2 kids in february and used ski taxi LLC (435-659-0396) , very nice and friendly, around 85$ without tips.

For the return we used a local company from Park city because my son broke his leg and we were in a hurry: Mountain Valley transportation (435-901-4530), the woman driver was very helpful and careful with my son, same price as the ski taxi llc.

7. Re: Getting to Park City from SLC Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, July 13, 2013

Sydney, Australia
8. Re: Getting to Park City from SLC Airport

Hi Beau

I am planning on a trip next Feb with my wife and 3 kids. We will most likely spend the night in an airport hotel, as we get in quite late. Can you pick us up from that hotel? Can you give me a price indication?

Thanks

Plano
reviews: 15
9. Re: Getting to Park City from SLC Airport

use four season transportation. i tried Protrans and they were late picking me up and then charged a cancellation fee when we decided not to use them for our return trip to the airport. Non-negotiable.

Edited: 7:45 pm, March 26, 2014
Park City, UT
reviews: 11
10. Re: Getting to Park City from SLC Airport

It's standard operating procedure in the transportation business for a company to charge a cancel fee.

Edited: 8:20 pm, March 30, 2014
Reply to: Getting to Park City from SLC Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted