We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-refundable prepaid hotel for Sundance. How to cancel?

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United States
reviews: 10
Non-refundable prepaid hotel for Sundance. How to cancel?

I have a prepaid hotel stay at an expensive hotel in Park City for the last 7 days of Sundance. It's non-refundable and I can't make it there anymore. Any advice on what I could do?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 203
1. Re: Non-refundable prepaid hotel for Sundance. How to cancel?

Which hotel? Given that everything will sellout during that period, I'm surprised you can't get out of it. My guess is you could probably resell it yourself.

United States
2. Re: Non-refundable prepaid hotel for Sundance. How to cancel?

Marriott Mountainside Jan 22 to Jan 29. I'd sell it cheaper than current prices, but where can I do that?

Park City, Utah
reviews: 1
3. Re: Non-refundable prepaid hotel for Sundance. How to cancel?

I live in Park City - I could assume/purchase your 7 days at a discount and take on the liability to get it sold...let me know.

United States
4. Re: Non-refundable prepaid hotel for Sundance. How to cancel?

Sounds fair to me. I'll send you a PM with my email address.

Miami
reviews: 26
5. Re: Non-refundable prepaid hotel for Sundance. How to cancel?

The Marriott Mountainside units are time shares and most are managed by Marriott. So the individual owner would be damaged if you cancel. Glad you are working this out.

United States
6. Re: Non-refundable prepaid hotel for Sundance. How to cancel?

Yeah, I paid through a different booking company, but it's nonrefundable. Actually never heard from the poster, so I'm still trying to figure out a solution.

UK
7. Re: Non-refundable prepaid hotel for Sundance. How to cancel?

Not sure when this is, but you could also try and sell it on line at a site called www.holidayauctions.org.uk as they don't charge anything for advertising. Just a thought.

Grand Junction...
reviews: 25
8. Re: Non-refundable prepaid hotel for Sundance. How to cancel?

I don't know if you were able to resell it or not. But just a thought.....this is a good reason to buy travel insurance. It's pretty inexpensive. I try and do it most of the time and for sure it came in handy when due to a family members illness I was unable to fly. I got my air fare back.

UK
9. Re: Non-refundable prepaid hotel for Sundance. How to cancel?

The cost of getting the right insurance to cover that type of incidence, could be quite prohibitive, but it's a fair point.

United States
10. Re: Non-refundable prepaid hotel for Sundance. How to cancel?

Not sure how this post was dug up...I posted it over a year ago. But thanks for the responses.