We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park City in April....

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Rosa...
reviews: 51
Park City in April....

I know absolutely nothing about Park City. In all honesty, I have to use a portion of my timeshare...most likey during our childrens spring break..mid to late April..and Park City was one of my choices. We're not much into skiing, except for my eldest daughter who loves it...but I realize this is toward the very end of ski season and it might be questionable at this time. What is Park City like during this time period? Is it a transition period between winter and spring? We went to Whistler a couple years back around that time, and besides skiing and some snowmobiling...most winter stuff was put away for the year. Would it be like that? Would there be any snow activities available? Can I stay a week in Park City during this period and keep the family busy? I tried to find info out on some online sites, but info was iffy at best for that period...all dependant on the weather.

Park City, UT
reviews: 26
1. Re: Park City in April....

I would not recommend Park City after mid-April. The skiing will almost certainly be over by then. Most ski areas have closings scheduled in advance since vacations are scheduled in advance. Late April and early May are considered "Mud Season" by locals and many shops and restaurants will be closed or on limited hours.

Come in early March instead. The sun will be shining, and the snow will be deep. What will your children learn in a week of school that would be more important than a week of Spring skiing? My kids are grown now, but we always considered a week skiing better spent than a week sitting in classes.

If you're not into skiing, there are lots of other things for you to do. But that's a completely different topic.