We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing in December

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Skiing in December

Im taking my girlfriend skiing in mid December and staying at the Lodge At Mountain Village; is that a good time to go. Good snow? little snow?

Salt Lake City, UT
reviews: 9
1. Re: Skiing in December

Snow can be great or can be marginal. This year it's been very mild so far, so it look doubtful we'll be skiing by Thanksgiving. But this was the case a couple years ago too, and voila, 100" in 100 hours and skiing was off with a bang. Keep your fingers crossed that it will happen again, but at this point there isn't any major snow in the forecast.

salt lake city
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City
reviews: 65
2. Re: Skiing in December

Maybe twice in 25 years would I say that Mid December is a good time to ski Utah...but I favor spring conditions and deeper snow depths...and I'm spoiled. At the resorts where much of the mountain is man made snow,(like Park City) you will enjoy yourselves, I'm sure.

Florida
3. Re: Skiing in December

Thank you for the replies; i will definitly keep my fingers crossed.

Florida
4. Re: Skiing in December

Have you ever tried the Park City Powder Cats & Heli? Should i look into that to get high into the mountains for snow? or will it be the same? all around?