We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park City advice needed, is there a long wait for the town...

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
stonington, ct
Park City advice needed, is there a long wait for the town...

Hi, My husband, daughter and I are venturing out of the East coast this winter and plan to stay in Park City. Our question is whether or not to stay in town. We will be there President's week and can't decide whether to stay in town and use the "town lift" or to stay at the base of the mountain. It is our habit to be the first on and last of the slopes, we also prefer hard blues, single and double black diamonds. We love to go out to dinner etc. and staying in town sounds great. I just want to make sure that the lift lines in town aren't too long. Also, can we ski home? I would appreciate any input! Thank you.

salt lake city
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City
reviews: 70
1. Re: Park City advice needed, is there a long wait for the town...

The lines at the town lift won't be a problem but if you want to be the first on the slopes, I would stay at one of the resorts for that convenience and ease. You can get home very easily because the Trolley runs up and down constantly if you stay right in town.

PC is a very small resort town so wherever you stay-you can get home easily even if it's at one of the resorts.

Park City, UT
reviews: 26
2. Re: Park City advice needed, is there a long wait for the town...

The Town Lift rarely has any line at all. However, I don't think the trolley runs until 10:00 AM so you might end up walking down to the Town Lift if you're above (south of) Heber Ave. If you are staying near the town lift plaza, that won't be a problem.

The transit system is free and runs to all parts of town at ten minute intervals in season. So you can stay wherever you think seems best. Most of my favorite restaurants are in town (Main Street) but there are notable choices elsewhere, particularly in Deer Valley.

Check about skiing home when you pick your lodging. The runs off the town lift end back at the town lift. You can get to some rentals above Main Street, but you should ask specifically.

Have fun in our town!