We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Snowmobiling around Park City?

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winston-Salem, NC
reviews: 1
Best Snowmobiling around Park City?

Who has the best snowmobiling in and around Park City?

I'm sure some are more geared for enthusiasts and some are geared for sightseeing....I have never ridden a snowmobile, but I would lean more toward the enthusiast. I don't want to putz around at 4 mph and look for elk.

Also, is the Olympic Park worth the price of admission? The bobsled ride looks really fun...is it on ice in the winter? Questions, Questions, Questions

We are staying at Red Pines in March!

Thanks

David

Layton
1. Re: Best Snowmobiling around Park City?

I myself am looking to snowmobile for the first time. I have lived here only since February but visited the Olympic Park over New Years and found it very enjoyable. If your looking to bobsled, they take reservations and fill up pretty fast...not sure if it's worth 200.00 though.

Salt Lake City, Utah
reviews: 6
2. Re: Best Snowmobiling around Park City?

The bobsled is worth every bone-rattling-flying-down-the-mountain-holding-onto-the-guy-in-front-of-you-for-dear-life minute!

Bobsled is on ice and you go four-to-a-sled (2 guests, driver, brakeman).

Sorry, don't know anything about snowmobile companies in PC.

Winston-Salem, NC
3. Re: Best Snowmobiling around Park City?

$200??? It said $69 on their website and that included an entrance to the park! I think it sounds like a great time, for the money....however, if it is 200, I might have to pass. I guess I better call. Thanks for the info.

Dave

Salt Lake City, UT
reviews: 8
4. Re: Best Snowmobiling around Park City?

Why not try cross country skiing or snowshoeing instead? Much cheaper, healthier and less disruptive.

Winston-Salem, NC
5. Re: Best Snowmobiling around Park City?

I would try cross country skiing but my wife, the lifelong skiier (and ski patroler) said, "Why would I want to work that hard to ski." I laughed and said I think it would be neat to try...I think I would like it better than running, walking, etc as a way to exercise...we just don't have anywhere to do it out here on the east coast.

Dave

salt lake city
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City
reviews: 65
6. Re: Best Snowmobiling around Park City?

I have snowmobilied a ton in the Uintas in the area around Mill Hollow. It's incredible. I have never used any of the outfitters but if you find any that go up there-you'll have a blast. Trails are maintained on some parts and plenty of powder off trail. My friend did the bobsled a few weeks ago. In the summer it is not on ice and the cost was around $65. Maybe in the winter it is more expensive? I didn't think so but call to be sure...and wear a neck brace...or brace yourself for possible whiplash. I hear it's an experience not to miss though. I'm chicken!!!