We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late January weather?

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
midwest
reviews: 3
Late January weather?

We are skiing in PC in late January and I would like to know what to expect both snow and temperature-wise. We live in the upper midwest and are used to being very cold in late January so typically ski in many layers - between the temperature, wind chill, and the number of times you sit on a lift in a day. We have skied in Steamboat the last two winters - once in mid January and once in late February, and found it to be tons warmer that we are used to... I don't want to pack lots more than necessary, but also don't want to wish I had more with me.

Also - what should we expect snow-wise? Steamboat has been powder for the last two trips - but I understand that they are known for that.

Thanks!!

Orem, Utah
reviews: 10
1. Re: Late January weather?

We get the lake effect and were more known for it. Greatest Snow on Earth? Steamboat and PC are very alike in weather. It depends on the day but in January you can expect fresh snow and highs in the upper 20's to upper 30's.

2. Re: Late January weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, September 14, 2009