We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is a good idea for a romantic date and kids day?

Which Orem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 1
what is a good idea for a romantic date and kids day?

i am going on sept 16 for a week to Orem and need ideas on planing a romantic date, we are in our late 30's Mormons. Also i need ideas for cool and fun things to do with 4 kids 7, 9,11 and 14. I can drive anywere so distance is not a problem.

4 replies to this topic
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
reviews: 41
1. Re: what is a good idea for a romantic date and kids day?

I couldn't think of anything tremendously romantic in Orem. And I guess a lot would depend on your idea of what is romantic. Are you looking for a dinner location, a certain type of event or activity, or a particular kind of setting?

Are you nature-lovers? Something that I think would be perfect, but might not seem romantic to hardcore indoor enthusiasts, is to put together a fabulous picnic lunch to enjoy in a beautiful natural setting. I think Nebo Scenic Loop would be awesome, There are enough grand views and nice picnic and camping areas that you could have a "progressive" lunch, with appetizers at one spot, cheese & crackers at another, veggies at yet another. It's about 35 miles of mountain road that goes from Payson to Nephi, and you could do it either direction. I think I'd head south on I-15 to Nephi and then do the scenic route in a leisurely manner. By mid-Sept. it should start feeling like autumn.

http://byways.org/explore/byways/2012/

I'm presuming you have somewhere for the kids to be for your date, and the kids' day is something separate. One thing for them might be a visit to the anthropology, life sciences, and earth sciences museums at BYU, where there are exhibits on different cultures, natural habitats, and exciting things like fossils and dinosaur eggs.

New York City, New...
reviews: 1
2. Re: what is a good idea for a romantic date and kids day?

tk's for the replay.

The parents of my wife live there and they can take care of the kids during our date. we both are nature lovers and i was thinking of a romantic restaurant, or local place to go that may be a most to go and have fun.

My kids have been to the byu museum, and zoo so i was looking for a activity that is outdoor and fun for the kids like go karts, paintball park, atv's something with a rush of energy.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 86
3. Re: what is a good idea for a romantic date and kids day?

I'm not as familiar with Orem or Utah Valley places. Have you done Seven Peaks? Trafalgar? Trafalgar Lehi? Seen the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point?

As far as romantic dinner the only thing I could come up with would be Sundance. Or even something in Park City. There might be something in Utah Valley, but they keep it a secret.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
4. Re: what is a good idea for a romantic date and kids day?

Lagoon is a pretty good Amusement Park and is located North of Orem about a 1 hour drive. that should be a fun place for your children.

http://www.lagoonpark.com/

Reply to: what is a good idea for a romantic date and kids day?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orem
More Orem Topics