We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden hills Motel, Mount Carmel Junction

Which Mount Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
France
reviews: 1
Golden hills Motel, Mount Carmel Junction

Any feed back on this motel??

I'd like to go there mid May, on our way to Page from Bryce Canyon

Thanks for reply

Manchester, England
reviews: 6
1. Re: Golden hills Motel, Mount Carmel Junction

My wife and I actually visited the Golden Hills Motel during our stay. The food was bad I had the Salad Bar and my wife had Lasagne and we were extremelly dissapointed. We stayed at the Arrowhead Country Inn and were delighted with everything there. They also have a wonderful restaurant. Looking at tere website (www.arrowheadbb.com) they have rooms from $79.00 Per Night.

I have no idea what the lodging is like but if it is like the restaurant avoid it!

Hope this helped!

New York
2. Re: Golden hills Motel, Mount Carmel Junction

Golden Hills Motel and Restaurant has the best food anywhere. It was homemade to order. I don't think that we have been anywhere that had such an exceptional salad bar and dinner entrees.

I was floored when I saw this review about how bad the food was. When we were there we heard all kinds of people saying how great the food was. And obviously to our satisfaction, it was mouthwatering.

We got the Golden Hills Chicken and I have never had chicken this tasty where it melted in your mouth. For a local restaurant in the middle of nowhere, I give this restaurant 8 out of 10 stars.

Bob Jasen

New York
3. Re: Golden hills Motel, Mount Carmel Junction

We stayed at the Motel, although a 50's outside look the rooms were very comfortable with 5 star beds. When you hit them you wont wake up!

Sea of Serenity...
4. Re: Golden hills Motel, Mount Carmel Junction

Does Anyone know the name of the cute girl at the counter? 13 and infatuated go figure

anyway i might as well contribute:

I found the golden hills hotel to be a most enjoyable stint the rooms have good tv and excellent beds my previous comment should reveal how i feel about the staff all in all it was a nice pleaseant family run hotel

there seems to be a lot of contradction in previous reveiws about this hotel i beleive it has recently undergone several renovations and is now a much more pleasant stay

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 117
5. Re: Golden hills Motel, Mount Carmel Junction

It is rather amazing how many one time posters manage to find the very, very old thread on this hotel and post about it when most visitors on TA never drive this route.

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 24
6. Re: Golden hills Motel, Mount Carmel Junction

KB, wanna bet that these posters are owners of the Golden Hills in disguise? They figure they can get free advertising here. I always wonder how motels in Mount Carmel Junction survive. We stopped there for breakfast once, and we've gotten gas there, but that's about it.

Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 36
7. Re: Golden hills Motel, Mount Carmel Junction

Those of us on the "east" side of the state usually take 89 to Zion rather than the freeway, so I've been to Mt. Carmel Junction a lot.

You should try it sometime!

*Pixie*

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 117
8. Re: Golden hills Motel, Mount Carmel Junction

Pixie, I'm not saying people don't travel there, I'm not even saying it isn't nice, but most out of state visitors are heading up hwy 12 and these posts are just too iffy for me.

I'm also very suspicious of Dazza who knocks the Golden Hills, but only posts nice reports of his own preferred hotel.

It is cheap advertising in my book.

9. Re: Golden hills Motel, Mount Carmel Junction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, March 22, 2010