We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cross country ski Park City versus Midway

Which Midway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 44
cross country ski Park City versus Midway

My husband and I (in our 50's) are planning a trip to this area. Looking at B&B's one in Midway (Invited Inn) and one in Park City (Washington School Inn). Which would be more convenient for cross country skiing. We're intermediate cross country skiers and just like being outside and don't do anything steep or extreem. Thanks.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 205
1. Re: cross country ski Park City versus Midway

The primary trails at White Pine in Park City are golf course with some rolling terrain, all very beginner to intermediate. Soldier Hollow in Midway has a far more extensive trail network with much greater diversity. Of course, you can ski the challenging Olympic trails or take it easy, which is likely more your speed. I'm not certain, but there may be trails on the golf course at The Homestead.

Park City will give you a far greater tourist infrastructure with shops and restaurants. You can walk to many from the Inn. It's a short bus ride or car drive to skiing.

Soldier Hollow in Midway also has tubing, which is a blast.

Have fun.

Salt Lake City
reviews: 6
2. Re: cross country ski Park City versus Midway

The drive between Midway and Park City is only about 20 min. so really you can take advantage of both areas. You could stay in Park City if you want to be near some nightlife after you x-country in Midway, or you could stay in Midway if you really just want peace and quiet and don't much care about other activities. Either way, you'll have plenty to do in a very short distance. The cross country choices are better around Midway. Other activities are better around Park City. Washington School Inn gets fabulous reviews and is right in the historic district of Park City. I am not familiar with Invited Inn.

3. Re: cross country ski Park City versus Midway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, May 30, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Midway
More Midway Topics