We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diving homestead crater

Which Midway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
las vegas
diving homestead crater

has anyone tried this?

Orem, Utah
reviews: 10
1. Re: diving homestead crater

I have only actually been in the water at the crater once. It is owned by The Homestead Resort in Midway and if you aren't staying at their resort i think its $11 to go snorkeling/scuba/swimming there. Its about 20 minutes south of Park City between Provo and PC. YOu will pass it on your way up to PC if you use 189. The road is good and Homestead isn't hard to find. After a long day skiing it feels great to sit down on the benches that they built into the water at the hot spring.

There are also the hot pots by the Wasatch Mountain State Park golf course. They are free and thats where I normally go after skiing on the way home but if you don't know your way around I wouldn't try it. There are also some wierd people up there a lot. I once ran into a guy, about 250 lbs, in tights doing yoga on a rock in the middle. I wouldn't go there unless you know where it is and who to stay away from when you're there. I think its also on private land.

las vegas
2. Re: diving homestead crater

I dont know, maybe the 250 lb yogi alone would be worth the trip for the entertainment value.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 96
3. Re: diving homestead crater

I found it dark, slimy, small, unique. (the Homestead crater, not the 250lb yogi).

Orem, Utah
reviews: 10
4. Re: diving homestead crater

The Heber hot pots are the local ski hangout. Thats where i go almost everytime after I go skiing to relax. There can be a lot of weird people there if you're there after dark, so I try to get there before then. Another thing that you might care about, the hot pots smell. You will come out smelling like whatever mineral is in there, so shower well before you go anywhere else. This happens at both the Homestead and the hot pots, but the hot pots are worse smelling.

West Jordan, Utah
reviews: 16
5. Re: diving homestead crater

It's a 2 hour drive from Midway, but here's an alternative:

http://www.seabase.net/

las vegas
6. Re: diving homestead crater

Seabase sounds interesting, but it' a little out of our way.

7. Re: diving homestead crater

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Midway
More Midway Topics