We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming hole? creek? public pool? near Kanab?

Which Kanab hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 1
Swimming hole? creek? public pool? near Kanab?

Hello - My 11 year old and I are going to Kanab in 2 weeks to volunteer for a few days at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. I expect it will be hot so was wondering if there is any place in the area to go swimming after we are done each afternoon at 4pm?

Thanks!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
1. Re: Swimming hole? creek? public pool? near Kanab?

Hi

A quick google search came up with this one but I have not been there myself:

…isport.com/swimming-pools/us/utah/kanab/kan…

Great you are volunteering at Best Friends! They can use all support.

Tet

Santa Ana, CA
reviews: 12
2. Re: Swimming hole? creek? public pool? near Kanab?

Are you staying in a motel that has a swimming pool?

Here is the official website for the Kanab public swimming pool. I notice there does not seem to be an address or a map. According to the map Tet gave you it's right next to the city park which is less than a mile from the center of town. A phone number is listed.

kanab.utah.gov/departments.cfm?deptID=37

This swimming pool made the news 3 or 4 years ago when they prohibited females wearing two piece bathing suits.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
3. Re: Swimming hole? creek? public pool? near Kanab?

I love that old bathingsuits Danny ;-) pinterest.com/akintohandmade/… Nowadays they even have 2 piece suites at the WC of Athletics....

Santa Ana, CA
reviews: 12
4. Re: Swimming hole? creek? public pool? near Kanab?

Does Tet13 know you're looking at these kind of pictures?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
5. Re: Swimming hole? creek? public pool? near Kanab?

She thinks it's worse..... Congrats on your 2K Danny!

Meopham UK
reviews: 7
6. Re: Swimming hole? creek? public pool? near Kanab?

We were in Kanab last week. We took a look at the public pool, it looked lovely!

San Francisco...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Swimming hole? creek? public pool? near Kanab?

Thank you everyone! Sorry for not responding sooner - for some reason I was not receiving alerts that anyone had responded to my post. We're heading out tomorrow - can't wait!

DannyS - ha! No 2-piece? love the "news" bulletin! (We're staying at a cabin on the Best Friends grounds . . so no pool there that I have heard of.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
8. Re: Swimming hole? creek? public pool? near Kanab?

Have a great trip and please tell us how it all went!

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
reviews: 146
9. Re: Swimming hole? creek? public pool? near Kanab?

We just spent 3.5 days volunteering at BFAS and it was absolutely the best part of our road trip. It is a very inspirational place. Our 14 year old daughter started asking when we could go back before we even left there.

Most of the afternoons cooled off significantly with the monsoon rains, but we had a couple hot early afternoons before the rain started.

We are awaiting our new dog family member to be ready to travel to us. He needed surgery when we met him at the sanctuary and now we're just waiting for him to heal enough to be flown to us. We didn't expect to fall in love with a dog, but we did and we're excited that he will become coming to us soon.

Have a great time!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 117
10. Re: Swimming hole? creek? public pool? near Kanab?

luvt2snorkel, that is so fun you found a new friend to keep. I had hoped to adopt one I'd read about and seen online, but when we went down to meet her realized we weren't the best family for her afterall. Better to spend some time and find one that meets your personalities.