We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wave Itinery with Mountain biking/ hikes & lodging

Which Kanab hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
reviews: 1
Wave Itinery with Mountain biking/ hikes & lodging

I have a permit for the Wave, May 13. I am flying into Vegas Saturday (5/11) and plan on renting a car and heading towards the Wave 5/12. We're leaving Vegas on Saturday 5/18. Any suggestions about what are the best mountain bike trails between Vegas and The Wave? I'm thinking we'll stay in Kanab the night before my permit ( unless someone can suggest a better place). I heard Gooseberry Mesa is a great mountain bike trail near ST George. We will be renting bikes. Any suggestions on must see, hikes or bike trails? I was in Zion last November but didn't get into the narrows. Can you do buckskin gulch and the wave in one day or is it better to do it over 2.

Thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 24
1. Re: Wave Itinery with Mountain biking/ hikes & lodging

Although it doesn't sound like you're spending much time in Las Vegas, there is world-class mountin biking on the outskirts of town. Southern end of town unfortunately, since you have to go north from town to get to Utah. Gooseberry Mesa is good, and there's also the Jem trail system just outside of Virgin, which you go through on Hwy 9 on your way to Zion. Also, while you're in Zion a nice ride is just to ride the road into Zion to the end and back. It's 17 miles round trip but it's my favoritist ride of all.

Kanab is the best place to stay the night before you hike to the Wave. Congrats on getting a permit. Since both the Wave and Buckskin Gulch start at the same trailhead I would do the Wave first, then if you have the time and energy take Wire Pass and go into Buckskin Gulch for an hour or so, or until you decide you've had enough and just want to turn around and go back.

Edited: 4:11 pm, April 20, 2013
Steamboat Springs...
reviews: 19
2. Re: Wave Itinery with Mountain biking/ hikes & lodging

I'm with ziggy on the Gooseberry area. Lots of good stuff there for mt biking.

utahmountainbiking.com/trails/idx-gooseberry…

I would do the Wave 1 day and Buckskin/ Wire Pass another. More good stuff at both of these places, tough to split them up. www.zionnational-park.com/coyote-buttes.htm

3. Re: Wave Itinery with Mountain biking/ hikes & lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 22, 2014