We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August trip on motorcycles

Which Kanab hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
oklahoma
reviews: 16
August trip on motorcycles

planning a loop ride leaving from Moab and seeing Zion, Bryce, Kanab and possibly North Rim, will have five nights and six days, is this good roads for motorcycling and is there some off road rentals for jeeping.

3 replies to this topic
Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
reviews: 46
1. Re: August trip on motorcycles

In my opinion Utah highway 12 from Torrey to Bryce is the best motorcycle road in the USA, it's twisty and scenic.

Moab has Jeep rental places for sure.

Decatur, Illinois
reviews: 6
2. Re: August trip on motorcycles

Check out a book entitled, "Scenic Driving Utah."

It describes many wonderful rides in Utah, many of which can be chained together for longer rides.

I used the directions in this book for a vacation about a month ago and was very happy with the sights I saw along these routes.

I can honestly say I never did a drive that wasn't beautiful.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
3. Re: August trip on motorcycles

I've seen lots of motorcyclists from all of the country in the area. One told me it's sensory overload. Beautiful open roads without traffic and only a few stretches to worry about wildlife.

Jeep rental shops will give a low down on trails in the area and can listen to what kind of experience you want to get out of your exploration. Should be fun.

Reply to: August trip on motorcycles
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted