We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you rent a jeep in Bluff?

Which Bluff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Girardeau...
Can you rent a jeep in Bluff?

We have a low clearance Prius, and are leery of driving it through Valley of the Gods. We are staying in Bluff.

9 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 202
1. Re: Can you rent a jeep in Bluff?

Nothing that I've ever seen in Bluff, but there is a rental outlet in Blanding:

http://www.fourcornersadventures.com/

In all honesty, though, I'm not sure it's worth $200 and the added hassle just to drive Valley of the Gods. It's nice but I'm not sure it's worth that investment. Also, if the weather has been decent and the road isn't muddy or rutted out, in all likelihood you could cautiously drive the Prius through there.

It is definitely an interesting drive, but I don't know that I would spend the money on a Jeep to see it. If you want to rent a Jeep and see cool stuff and have fun, rent one and drive Elephant Hill in Canyonlands.

Have fun.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
2. Re: Can you rent a jeep in Bluff?

utah.com/monument-valley/…guide-service

Try this place in Blanding. Moab is probably the best bet. But I'd skip Valley of the Gods in favor of a guided back country tour at Monument Valley.

Edit: Great minds think alike...

Edited: 11:40 pm, August 19, 2013
Gerogery West...
Destination Expert
for Moab
reviews: 60
3. Re: Can you rent a jeep in Bluff?

I've seen a Prius in the middle of the Valley of the Gods. Maybe it's still there ;)

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
4. Re: Can you rent a jeep in Bluff?

A have a 15-year-old Mazda 626 and I've driven it through Valley of the Gods a couple of times in the last three years. I don't remember ever thinking twice or being nervous about making it or not. It's only a 17 mile loop and I rather liked traveling through at dawn. Absolutely no one is there because they're all at Monument Valley. And for a reason, but if the two weren't so close VOTGs wouldn't be as overlooked.

Edited: 1:57 am, August 20, 2013
Cape Girardeau...
5. Re: Can you rent a jeep in Bluff?

Thanks! We are doing a guided Monument Valley tour the day before. We'll be in Bluff 3 days. What about driving our Prius on the roads of Comb and Butler Wash?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
6. Re: Can you rent a jeep in Bluff?

Here are a couple of links. Highway 95 is paved. Comb Wash is accessible for the most part in a 2WD vehicle.

visitingtheancients.com/Comb_Wash_UT.html

www.utah.com/monumentvalley/butler-wash.htm

Grand Junction...
reviews: 22
7. Re: Can you rent a jeep in Bluff?

There is a new place in Bluff that is renting Jeeps. They also do guided tours and Hummer tours. Check the web site because they really offer alot.

http://www.fourcornersadventures.com/

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 101
8. Re: Can you rent a jeep in Bluff?

"I've seen a Prius in the middle of the Valley of the Gods. Maybe it's still there ;)"

!!!! ;-)

Cape Girardeau...
9. Re: Can you rent a jeep in Bluff?

Thanks!

Reply to: Can you rent a jeep in Bluff?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bluff