We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to NASA space centre from the woodlands

Which The Woodlands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford
reviews: 24
Getting to NASA space centre from the woodlands

I am staying at The Woodlands in November on business and have a day free can you let me know how I could get to the NASA space centre? I don't want to drive. Is a cab the only option? Any ideas on price?

Also any hints on what to pack? Will I need long sleeves or a jacket in November?

Thanks in advance

Spring/Houston, TX
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 93
1. Re: Getting to NASA space centre from the woodlands

I don't know of any shuttle type service from the Woodlands to NASA. The Woodlands does have a shuttle that goes to downtown, but I believe that is weekdays only. Cab would be really expensive, but don't know a price.

Weather in November is usually mild, a light jacket would be fine, just in case it turns cold while you are here. We usually are still in shorts, but an occassional cold front will come down.

Welcome to Houston!

Kingwood, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 49
2. Re: Getting to NASA space centre from the woodlands

Renting a car and driving will not be bad - it is a pretty easy drive and once you get on the freeways you will be on the correct side of the road. Will be a lot cheaper that a taxi. Light jacket will do.

Oxford
3. Re: Getting to NASA space centre from the woodlands

Thanks very much for the replies. I think I am too nervous to drive... I've never driven on the right before!

I may just stay around the woodlands for the day if it's too far for a cab.

Any dinner reccomendations for a lone diner?

Thanks again for a quick response, this forum is pretty quiet I didn't expect a reply for days.

Kingwood, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 49
4. Re: Getting to NASA space centre from the woodlands

There are several good restaurants by the waterway. It depends on what you are looking for. Japanese - Uni and Sake Kawa, I am not a fan of Cheesecake Factory but most ppl love it (it is food - not just cheesecakes), informal - Berry hill (Mexican ) and Becks (hamburger), to name a few. If you want to kill some time they have a movie theater (theater for you) that has XD (xtreme digital I think) - that has awsome sound.

Edited: 5:39 pm, October 09, 2010
Aubrey, Texas
reviews: 145
5. Re: Getting to NASA space centre from the woodlands

If you're a golfer. The Woodlands Resort has excellent courses; clubs and a cart can be rented. The resort also has tennis courts and a huge pool. Check out The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion for entertainment events while you're there. You'll be spoiled for choice for restaurants; your concierge can give you advice based upon your preferences.

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 104
6. Re: Getting to NASA space centre from the woodlands

Hubbell & Hudson restaurant/bar/deli I can thoroughly recommend for your "lone diner" query - had lunch there when we were over in Feb for wedding & it was superb!

Oxford
7. Re: Getting to NASA space centre from the woodlands

Thanks for all your suggestions, much appreciated. I like the look of the hubbel hudson place. I will also give the cinema a look, I'm no golfer unfortunately! I look forward to my visit. Great chance to do some Christmas shopping too :-)

8. Re: Getting to NASA space centre from the woodlands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 17, 2011