We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I avoid spring breakers?

Which South Padre Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spirit Lake, Iowa
Can I avoid spring breakers?

I am wanting to visit SPI in March. Is it possible to avoid the college spring breakers?

Houston, Texas
reviews: 169
1. Re: Can I avoid spring breakers?

About the same chance of going to Disneyland, and avoiding Children.

Spirit Lake, Iowa
2. Re: Can I avoid spring breakers?

Thanks Jim! That is what I was thinking

reviews: 16
3. Re: Can I avoid spring breakers?

Spring break for Texas public colleges is the week of March 10. I think it's too cold for the beach then but tell it to the kids. You may miss the majority if Texas spring breakers if you go later, but good Friday and Easter are crowded too.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 47
4. Re: Can I avoid spring breakers?

Entirely, no, but you can limit it.

1. Stay at a condo that does not allow Spring Breakers;

2. Stay far away from the southern end near the Isla Grand;

3. Don't venture far in the evening; and

3. Don't try crossing the causeway much past mid-morning.

Otherwise, you can certainly limit your exposure. We stayed a while back with our younger children and it was fine. Most of the breakers were respectful. Using the Disney analogy: there will be some brats, but you can find spots where they are limited and behaved.

PS--We rent to "Winter Texans" every year during March, and there are tons of those (same) folks who return year after year. They return because it's a great place to be during Spring.

South Padre Island...
reviews: 26
5. Re: Can I avoid spring breakers?

March 13-17th in 2013 is really the only problematic weekend. The rest of the time you will have college students on south padre island, but not sort of the nasty crowd that causes problems you are discussing.

Inertia Chad..OUT!!

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 4
6. Re: Can I avoid spring breakers?

Who is Inertia Chad?

7. Re: Can I avoid spring breakers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 24, 2014