We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Express yourself! Planning South Padre 2013 Trip

Which South Padre Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
reviews: 44
Express yourself! Planning South Padre 2013 Trip

Planning a trip next year, dates not yet fixed. Options are mid-January, late April, or around the 4th of July. Looking for any comments, suggestions, or stories you might have to share. Got a great romantic story / idea / suggestion? What was the best thing you ever did at South Padre? The worst? Great place for a seafood chow down? How's the deep sea charter fishing at any of those times? Is one of the time periods listed preferable for deep sea fishing? About that pirate cruise, would it suck for a couple without kiddies in tow? Thank you in advance for any and all input.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 46
1. Re: Express yourself! Planning South Padre 2013 Trip

For me, I’d go with late April. Why? Weather should be great and crowds should be between the Spring Break and Summer rush. Or, if you like a more active scene, then go for the 4th.

Favorites? Too many to mention, but I’ll list a few: 1. Just chill on the beach and watch the world go by; 2. Southern Wave sunset cruise…chillax, 3. Parasailing!, 4. Diving the Texas Clipper (yes, there is good diving off Padre), 5. Gabriella’s for dinner, 6. Bay fishing, 7. Drive the north-end that is open to vehicles (a dune buggy if you can still find one), 8. Hit one of the beach/bay bars like Wanna Wanna, 9. Catch the sunset on the bay, 10. Support/join the locals and relax at Paragraph’s (book store), get a coffee/juice at Pura Vida, breakfast on the beach at the Palms….. Okay, that should do it. Enjoy.

Fort Worth, TX
reviews: 21
2. Re: Express yourself! Planning South Padre 2013 Trip

I would also choose April and add that condo prices in April will be less expensive than in July. The 4th is crowded, while the weather in April will be very pleasant, but lighter crowds. We have not done one of the pirate cruises, but I would highly recommend paying a visit to Sea Turtle, Inc.

In addition to the great places mentioned above, we love Yummies for breakfast and Zeste for a nice wine. Enjoy your trip!

Romeo, Michigan
reviews: 4
3. Re: Express yourself! Planning South Padre 2013 Trip

Is February a good time to visit South Padre? Looks like weather is in the 70's.

4. Re: Express yourself! Planning South Padre 2013 Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, December 17, 2013