We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stay at Embassy Condos??

Which South Padre Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
McKinney, Texas
Anyone stay at Embassy Condos??

About to book a condo at Embassy. Just want to make sure I am making the right decision. I'm a little weary after my experience with Ocean Vista last year.

Feed back please???

San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 20
1. Re: Anyone stay at Embassy Condos??

I stayed there summer of 2000, so it has been awhile. embassy is great-beach front, elevator to get all your stuff up to your condo. As long as the condo meets your needs, you will do great.

North Texas
reviews: 54
2. Re: Anyone stay at Embassy Condos??

what exactly was wrong with the Ocean Vista? We have stayed at several different condos like to try a different one each year, why avoid Ocean Vista?

McKinney, Texas
3. Re: Anyone stay at Embassy Condos??

Rented from VRBO, and the owner failed to inform us that they were doing construction on the condo next door to us and outside by the pool area. We were awakened everyday to loud banging that went on all day everyday. One entrance to the beach was closed. The other entrance made us go through the dunes - no walkway or boardwalk - so it was like walking through 2 feet boiling hot water to get to the beach everyday. The pool is small and needs a facelift. There are no common areas at all. The condo itself was nicely updated, but the whole thing left a very sour taste in my mouth & we paid way too much for what we got.

North Texas
reviews: 54
4. Re: Anyone stay at Embassy Condos??

Thanks for the info, hopefully the construction is finished at this point. As I said we like to try something different each year. We also live in the north Texas area, do you drive or fly down?

Fort Worth, TX
reviews: 369
5. Re: Anyone stay at Embassy Condos??

I also live in North TX, anad we drove to San Antonio and stayed on the Riverwalk the first night, then super easy drive into SPI. But we drove straight home, piece of cake and we had two yorkies, so there were frequent stops.

McKinney, Texas
6. Re: Anyone stay at Embassy Condos??

We drive, much more affordable, and we don't mind it too much.

South Padre Island...
reviews: 75
7. Re: Anyone stay at Embassy Condos??

We stay there almost every month and think that it is great. Well maintained, On the beach with unbeatable views, Very clean grounds, tennis and pool. Our family loves it as it close to everything, but not crowded.

8. Re: Anyone stay at Embassy Condos??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 19, 2011