We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Round Rock to San Antonio

Which Round Rock hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 1
Round Rock to San Antonio

Aside from driving, how can I get from/to Round Rock to/from San Antonio on 1st or 2nd March? I see Greyhound leave RR (3 departures a day) but only have 1 return route, not leaving enough time to visit SA! Are there no trains or local buses?

Kerens,Texas
reviews: 99
1. Re: Round Rock to San Antonio

Welcome to Texas where mass transit is, to say the least, a challenge ;-)

You could take the Amtrak Texas Eagle from San Antonio to Austin then a cab to Round Rock. However, our train travel is notoriously off schedule since tracks are shared with freight trains and freight has right of way.

www.texaseagle.com

Everything you have read or heard about this being a state that requires a car is basically true! Only the truly determined or adventurous can make a trip like that without one.

This is not to dicourage you from attempting the bus or train, just be aware that it isn't always your best choice when time is off the essence.

Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
reviews: 170
2. Re: Round Rock to San Antonio

The Greyhound station in Round Rock is closed on Saturday and Sunday, so that may make travel on those days a little difficult. (I have actually never been to the station, nor have I ever even seen it, though I live very close to where it is supposedly located.) Seriously, your best bet is going to be a rental car.

UK
reviews: 1
3. Re: Round Rock to San Antonio

thank you all very much, looks like car is the way to go!

Have a good one

4. Re: Round Rock to San Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, September 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Round Rock
Recent Conversations