We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Restaurant Recommendations for Port Aransas

Which Port Aransas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
reviews: 12
Need Restaurant Recommendations for Port Aransas

We are a family of 4 adults ranging from (23-56) looking for a good place to eat while in Port Aransas. We've rented a condo and plan to cook most nights, however, we'd like to have one night (Saturday Night) where we go out to eat. We love seafood, good service, great food, and maybe a view and live music? Do any of you regulars have any recommendations? Thanks in advance for the advice!

Kyle
reviews: 1
1. Re: Need Restaurant Recommendations for Port Aransas

If view and good food is at the top of your list and you're willing to sacrifice a little service, Beach Lodge is a great place. On the beach. If you're looking for a harbor view with good service and food, then Fins is great (though a little pricey for what you get). Virginias on the Bay is a great view with good service, but mediocre food. I hope that helps.

North Texas
reviews: 54
2. Re: Need Restaurant Recommendations for Port Aransas

Look under restaurants at the top of the forum page. I think the reviews there are very good, at least in my experience. We had great food at Cafe Phoenix last year. Unfortunately, every place I have visited that was on the water (with the exception of Beach Lodge) was mediocre at best. Oh, and don't judge a restaurant in a beach town by the outside or simple decor inside!

San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 35
3. Re: Need Restaurant Recommendations for Port Aransas

I would recommend Pelican Club (formerly Beulahs) on the waterfront next to Virginias. The food is the best in Port A and Corpus for seafood. and yes, dont judge the outside! they do have a small bar too. Their Tuna is to die for-- but get there early as they run out of specials. David makes terrific sushi if you are into that . We have never been disappointed. It is pricey, but if you want excellent seafood, this is the place. For live music you can walk from Pelican club to many places right there- and also over to Back Porch which is all outside by the marina.

Fins is fun for a burger (they are awesome) on the porch overlooking the marina. the patio is smoke free too..

Trout street is nice for lunch, we used to enjoy it there but they allow smoking outside.

If Roosevelts at Tarpon is open, that is another option. It is not on water but you can sit outside. Food was really great last time we were there.

Port Aransas, Texas
reviews: 207
4. Re: Need Restaurant Recommendations for Port Aransas

It depends on your budget, and we have a variety here.

For Southwestern food and they have live music on weekends, I recommend La Playa. They have the best margaritas as well as some seafood dishes.

Marcel's has German food, and Marcel is actually from the Black Forest of Germany. It's a more intimate restaurant.

For great food and great music, I go to Giggitys. There menu has something for everyone. They have soft shell crabs, steaks, pasta dishes. It's a brand new place and they have a nice atmosphere. Great service and great music! Your age group is perfect for this place.

Have fun!

5. Re: Need Restaurant Recommendations for Port Aransas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 19, 2014