We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September visit?

Which Port Aransas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 10
September visit?

What is the feel in town after the Labor Day and summer crowds have left? We are having a busy summer (remodeling kitchen, etc.) and won't be able to visit Port A this summer as planned, but I thought it would be something we could do in mid September, if restaurants, etc. are still open and it doesn't feel like a ghost town. I'm sure the weather will still be warm, and the bulk of the hurricane season will be over, so that is favorable. Looks like hotel rates go down quite a bit, so I'm hoping for some good news here! Thanks in advance!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
reviews: 53
1. Re: September visit?

Once school starts (Mid August) things start to wind down. There's a last gasp on Labor Day weekend. But I agree, things should be favorable in mid September. Most restaurants will be open. As to weather - that’s a craps shoot. Remember Rita hit in mid-September last year. You'll just have to be flexible.

San Antonio
reviews: 1
2. Re: September visit?

Right after Labor Day is my favorite time to go. It is still very warm and the water is usually very calm. There are no crowds, very peaceful and quiet. You may find a place or two closed but I find most open. And yes, the rates are lower. Enjoy your trip.

San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 10
3. Re: September visit?

Thanks for your input, I can't wait to go. At least I have something to look forward to after all of this work going on in the house!

4. Re: September visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, August 14, 2009