We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Padre Island National Seashore

Which Port Aransas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tulsa, OK
reviews: 4
Padre Island National Seashore

I'm a little confused. I was under the impression that it was free to go to Padre Island Natl Seashore...apparently I'm wrong...so is it $20 per vehicle for year (Annual Park Pass) AND $5 pp to get in or just one or the other or what? Also would a person WANT to go there AND Mustang Island State Park (pay to get in both places), or would that be somewhat redundant? (Does MISP offer the same as PINS???) Thanks - I really appreciate everybody's input....just wanting to have a rough itinerary of what we are going to do when we get there, so that we don't just sit around saying 'now what???'

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
reviews: 62
1. Re: Padre Island National Seashore

As with all National Parks you can pay a 7-day vehicle fee. This allows all of the folks in the car entrance for seven consecutive days. For PINS it is $10. If you'd like to walk or bicycle in, it's $5 per person. If you'd like to buy an annual pass for PINS it is $20 per person. As to what one wants to do that's pretty subjective. If you're just interested in seeing the beach you can drive up and down in Port Aransas for free. To Park and get out, there is a $7 (last time I bought one) sticker that's good for the year. This option will be the most crowded, but the further south you go the less crowded it will be. Mustang Island has some nice camping sights right on the water. It is a little more quiet, and has restrooms at the visitors center. PINS is the most remote of the three, great for long walks it's possible to see turtles depending on time.

2. Re: Padre Island National Seashore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, September 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas
Recent Conversations