We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Braunfels Winter Texans in 2013

Which New Braunfels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fargo, North Dakota
New Braunfels Winter Texans in 2013

We're planning to spend two months in New Braunfels TX in 2013 -- warmer than ND at that time of year & no snow. Found listing for Oma Seidel's Haus that looks interesting (http://rivercityresorts.com/listing/1/).

Has anyone or anyone you know stayed there?

Anything you can tell us about the Oma Saidel's Haus at 173 Cross River or New Braunfels in general would be appreciated... in terms of hanging around the area from January thru March.

My husband has already noticed the old bakery in New Braunfels even saw it on Public TV recently -- we'll definitely check that out.

New Braunfels, Texas
reviews: 79
1. Re: New Braunfels Winter Texans in 2013

I moved my Minnesota parents here. They are in love. Not sure about the place your talking about but get a rental agent and they will hook you up. Festivals are constant and good German food. The bakery your husband mentioned is the oldest in Texas but a new one called theil bakery opened and its wonderful . Y parents met a lot of snow birds and are good friends still ... Met at elks . Also other servicemans clubs. Wagon wheel is the first place my parents stayed for a few years ... Great location.

Fargo, North Dakota
2. Re: New Braunfels Winter Texans in 2013

Replying to my own post ... we're at the Oma Seidel Haus in New Braunfels, Tx and loving it. It's a great location. The place is clean & well maintained. Maintenance is responsive & prompt. It's on a quiet street & close enough to the river that you can walk down & see the deer. We'd strongly recommend the Oma Seidel Haus to anyone else who'd like to winter in New Braunfels, TX. Just contact the River City Resorts, New Braunfels, Tx. http://rivercityresorts.com/listing/1/

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
reviews: 61
3. Re: New Braunfels Winter Texans in 2013

Thank you for the update and enjoy your stay in NB.

Fort Worth, Texas
reviews: 33
4. Re: New Braunfels Winter Texans in 2013

If you're into shopping, the outlets at exit 200 off of 35 are amazing. There is also San Antonio less than an hour away.

A great restaurant is Huisache (Their last name) and Myron's Steakhouse.

The town of Gruene is less than 20 minutes away that boasts the oldest dancehall in Texas.

Ah so much to do. Have fun, m

5. Re: New Braunfels Winter Texans in 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 04, 2014