We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schlitterbahn New Braunfels strategy

Which New Braunfels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 106
Schlitterbahn New Braunfels strategy

I have been to this waterpark one time almost twenty years ago. We are going this Friday (the only day we can do it, really). I haven't found any online maps I can blow up enough to see well. I am wanting to have some type of strategy when I enter the park to know which way to go, etc. LOL I am used to having detailed plans in crowded places like Disney World. I am a big chicken and will not go on the big waterslides. I love lazy rivers. How about the tube rides? It looks like there are about a half dozen of them including The Falls? Do these have big drops or other frightening things about them? Are there some you would recommend more than others? What about Dragon's Revenge and the Congo River ride? Do these have big drops? At Disney World, I can do the drop on Pirates and like Big Thunder Mountain but avoid Splash Mountain (that one huge drop!) and the larger coasters. Thank you for your advice.

Tyler, Texas
1. Re: Schlitterbahn New Braunfels strategy

Just got back and the Falls is a really good ride with good water flow and is fairly long.Dragon ride is cool and of course Master blaster but the line gets long. Whatever you do don't ride Congo it is very slow and a lot of paddling in your tube is required... What a whip

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
reviews: 68
2. Re: Schlitterbahn New Braunfels strategy

schlitterbahn.com/nb/…NBMap_11.pdf

This can be opened in adobe acrobat reader and be zoomed very large.

Lewisville, Texas
reviews: 27
3. Re: Schlitterbahn New Braunfels strategy

I really recommend doing Schlitterbahn in two days (one day for East, one day for West), but since you only have one, I will try my best to give you the best plan.

Part of the problem of navigating Schlitterbahn is the separation of East and West. You will have to take a tram to travel between both sides. The West side is the original side. It is the side that you went on 20 years ago. The East side was built in the early1990s and includes Surfenburg, Tubenbach, and Blastenhoff. The other problem of navigating Schlitterbahn is that on the west side (original side) there are two levels to the park. I have a detailed guide of where rides begin and end, and I will post it in another post.

If you like lazy rivers, then I highly recommend the Kristal River in Surfenburg. If you want a little more action, then you can do the Torrent River at Blastenhoff. If you want less action, do the Congo River in the original section.

There are actually 12 tube rides at Schlitterbahn: Raging River, Hillside, Whitewater, Cliffhanger, Bahnzai pipeline, Tunnel Tube Chute, Comal Express, Dragon Blaster, Master Blaster, Black Knight, Wolf Pack, and the Falls. The most extreme of all of these rides is Master Blaster, Dragon Blaster, Whitewater, and Cliffhanger (in order of decreasing "scariness" or big drop factor). I consider myself a bit of a wimp on water rides as well, and none of the tube rides are so scary or extreme that I am actually frightened. I can do Splash Mountain though, so I would recommend that you stay off of Master Blaster (It has a long line anyway). You can see how "bad" Master Blaster, Dragon Blaster, and white water is from the beginning of the line. For Cliffhanger, you will need to go to the end of the ride to see the fall. If you do not want to do the big drop, there is an option to get on the tunnel tube chute ride instead of going down the big drop. I will be posting that in my next post.

Lewisville, Texas
4. Re: Schlitterbahn New Braunfels strategy

Here is the detailed guide as promised. I created this guide for my group that I am taking this summer. I hope it helps.

Where Rides Begin and End

Schlitterbahn West (Original Schlitterbahn)

• Raging River is a tube ride that begins just behind the huge soda for the Soda Straw body slides near the Lagoon pool. It will flow straight into the Tunnel Tube Chute, which will lead to the Comal river and eventually end all the way on the other side of the park near the resort rooms.

• Hillside is a tube ride that begins on the top of the castle near the Lagoon pool. It also ends in the Lagoon pool.

• Whitewater is a tube ride that begins just below the Double Loop body slides. You will need to be on the ground level below the slides to get in line. If you find yourself at the top, you can go down the stairs near the pavilion and go right past the tube area. This ride will end in near the Der Bahn speed slides and the entrance to Cliffhanger tube chute.

• Cliffhanger is a tube ride that is on the lower part of the hill and begins right about where Whitewater ends between the lagoon pool and the Der Bahn speed slides. You have to go over the bridge that goes over whitewater to get in the line. It ends near the resort rooms, although there is the option to continue on the tunnel tube chute instead of going to the big drop off if you want. Both options lead back to the resort rooms.

• Bahnzai Pipeline is a tube ride that begins on the top side, between the main entrance and the kid areas. It ends in about the same location.

• Tunnel Tube Chute feeds in from Raging River or the Cliffhanger and ends by the resort rooms. You can also get into this ride from behind the arcade (on the top side) for no wait usually.

• The Congo River Expedition begins on the top side in between Bahnzai Pipeline and our room. It really just goes in a circle, but it does feed directly into Comal Express.

• Comal Express is a tube ride that feeds in from the Congo River Expedition and ends in the Comal River by the resort rooms.

• The Der Bahn speed slides, Soda Straw slides, Double Loop body slides, and Downhill Racer are pretty easy to figure out. They are all slides rather than tube rides. However, for the downhill racer, you will need to get a mat before getting in line.

• There are 4 places for picking up tubes. One is located at the end of Cliffhanger (bottom side); one is located at the end of Whitewater (bottom side); one is located in between the Lagoon pool and the entrance for Whitewater (bottom side), and one is located just a little bit on the hill near our room (top side).

Schlitterbahn East (Blastenoff, Tubenbach, and Surfenburg)

• In Blastenoff, all of the big rides are in the tower, and the tower has at least 6 flights of stairs to climb. There is the Master Blaster, Black Knight, and Wolfpack. For the Black Knight, you need to get your tube at the bottom and bring it up. For the other two, the tubes are provided. The Torrent is an awesome way to kill an hour or two.

• In Tubenbach, there are only two real rides that feed into each other. The Falls is a tube ride that drops you off in the Deluge, where you can go around and around (lazy river), or you can get on the AquaVeyer and ride the Falls again without getting out of your tube. All the rest are beaches, a kid’s area, and pools.

• In Surfenburg, there is a Boogie Bahn when you first walk in. You can try to boogie board on this if you are feeling brave. I believe you have to wait for a board before getting in line. The Backsplash uses water from this Boogie Bahn to create a great way to slide into the Krystal River. There is also another ride here called the Dragon Blaster which you will also need to get a tube before going up to the ride. Typically, getting a tube is the worst part. It is next to the Boogie Bahn.

reviews: 106
5. Re: Schlitterbahn New Braunfels strategy

Thank you all SO much for your help.

v4k, that is a wonderful guide!

Lewisville, Texas
6. Re: Schlitterbahn New Braunfels strategy

I'm glad you liked it. Have fun at Schlitterbahn! Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. I'm really passionate about this park.

Willamette Valley
reviews: 3
7. Re: Schlitterbahn New Braunfels strategy

Wow! Thank you. If we want to try the boogie board ride what time would be best?

Lewisville, Texas
8. Re: Schlitterbahn New Braunfels strategy

I have never tried that ride, but generally the more popular rides are best to ride first thing in the morning or in the last 30 minutes before the park closes. For that specific ride, I think first thing in the morning would be best. Be sure to get there BEFORE the park opens (30 minutes early). This will give you time to get tickets/wristbands, check your cooler, and usually get in line before the park is actually open. They won't let anyone ride the ride until the park opens, but you can get in line.

9. Re: Schlitterbahn New Braunfels strategy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, January 22, 2014