We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine price

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England
reviews: 24
Wine price

Hi, am staying at parque Santiago 3 and in local restaurants and bars wine is 15euro per bottle which seems a rip off to me.

Or is this just the average price? Bit disappointed as in Greek Islands a carafe of ok house wine is about 6euro.

Everything here seems to be uk prices, unless it's a 1.5euro a pint deal

Tenerife, Spain
reviews: 9
1. Re: Wine price

Well we do not drink wine out for this reason but they are bars that do charge ok prices for a glass of wine or bottle,but i am sure someone drinks wine in the bars will come and let you know.

We like a white wine called BACH so my wife ask in a nice bar in PLA and they had it so she ordered a glass 4.50 euros yet we pay 2.75 in the big spanish style in adeje.per bottle now my wife says you can get 4 glasses out of a bottle? Yes i know they have to make a profit but................

It can be the same with local spirit to, 1 euros a pint and 4 euros for a vodka and coke, yet a ltr bottle can cost anything from 3.90 to 9 to 10 euros for branded. We Do not drink much but we get of lot of visitors so we always go shopping for this kind of stuff, just thought i would drop that in lol

Dok

Edited: 5:07 am, November 09, 2013
Ireland, UK
reviews: 78
2. Re: Wine price

If you are eating restaurants around that area the prices are generally more expensive.

But I have to agree with you I think the wine is very expensive in restaurants considering as Doinok says when it is so cheap in supermarkets and they're still making a profit !

As in the Uk we would usually stick with the house wine,a good restaurant should have a good one.

cleethorpes
3. Re: Wine price

>>>> Everything here seems to be UK prices ,unless its a 1.50 euro pint deal <<<<< Look round many are 1 Euro pint deals ...also Spirits unlike the UK are not measured but poured ,so with that in mind prices are really CHEAP .......

Of course beers like John Smiths ,Carling will be the same ......but these have a long way to go to be delivered !!

Tenerife, Spain
reviews: 86
4. Re: Wine price

I just wonder can you get a decent bottle of wine in a UK restaurant for around £12.00 - 12.50 All restaurants charge more for drinks even if it is a bottle of water. If you don´t want to pay restaurant prices perhaps you should get your wine from the supermarket, bottles from €2.99 or cartons from €0.99 a litre :-0

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

London, England
5. Re: Wine price

No shortage of cheap beer I agree, and I like trying the local beers anyway so not interested in uk brands.

I kind of meant the food prices and wine prices seem the same as uk. Interesting feedback that the parque Santiago area is more expensive. Can anyone recommend a cheaper area for dinning out? And can anyone give directions to a proper supermarket from PS3? :)

Basingstoke
6. Re: Wine price

Hi walk along las Vista beach and you come to los cristianos area rabout 20 mins. All along that terra I have found the bars and restaurants to be really reasonable. Our fab restaurant is the cottage, turn left at burger king, up towards the church square, it's half way up on the left. And another pre dinner bar we frequent is in the corner of church square, up to the left. Really cheap drinks and a vodka that made me choke it was so strong.Lol.

London, England
7. Re: Wine price

Aguilas, I hear you on the price for a decent wine. we normally have the house wine when eating out in uk (we are penny pinchers-so we can afford more holidays!). I think my surprise was the difference in price between here and Crete, where we could eat in any restaurant. Here obviously there is a lot more wealth and visitors/retirees from all over Europe. It's a fab place and weather great so far. I'm sure more exploring will find our comfort zone food wise

Edited: 8:45 am, November 09, 2013
London, England
8. Re: Wine price

Lesley64, great thanks for tips we are heading to Los christianos tonight :) will report back

Puerto de la Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
reviews: 13
9. Re: Wine price

There's a reason why Greek wine is so cheap :)

Prices in towns that have a predominantly Canarian population (most of the rest of the island) rather than the resorts purpose built for tourism are generally more in line with what you're talking about.

Explore and ye shall find cheap wine - ask for vino del pais - especially this month.

Edited: 9:07 am, November 09, 2013
cleethorpes
10. Re: Wine price

If your heading to Los Cris on the sea front walkway you will come to an area called San Telmo before you get to the tunnel through to Los Cris ....heres a link to restaurants there that tier up from the walkway to road level .

http://www.ccsantelmo.com/eng/shops.hml

Places to suit all budgets .......

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas