We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 21
Places to eat

Hi, we are staying bed and breakfast in Marola Portosin later this year . Can anybody suggest any good places to eat in Playa de las Americas or even Los Christianos which are reasonably priced. My 11 year old brother is quite fussy, he prefers British food but the rest of us will try most things!

Thanks.

aldershot u.k
reviews: 9
1. Re: Places to eat

There are several eating places within the close proximity. If you come out and head downhill you will get onto the sea front and dare I say it there is a McDonalds and other various eating places. To the left and the right you will have so much choice everybody will be happy.

cleethorpes
2. Re: Places to eat

10 mins walk away is the area called San Telmo and heres a link to some of the places there

http://www.ccsantelmo.com/eng/shops.hml

These are sited above Playa Las vistas (your nearest and imo the best beach in PDLA) they have some fantastic views over the beach and coastline

The Paz Strip and or the Safari Centre again approx 10 mins ...come out of your Apts turn left and carry straight on till you see Andorra apts over the road facing you at this junction turn left .First the Paz Strip is along the foot path on the right lots of bars and eating places (mainly catering for the Brits) After the path way at the next junction either turn left or right as the Safari Centre runs off in both directions ,,here there are all sorts of restaurants above .

There are restaurants right outside and heading left out of your apartment ,however they do tend to cater more for the locals but some nice places .Just down past these is a large electrical Store over from which is El Camison which has some good restaurants to .....so really your surrounded by lots of places .

Once you find the Safari Centre head to the right till you reach Zaras and over the road is a small shopping area called Vista Sur go down the ramp that skirts left of it when facing it from Zaras ,just at the bottom is your nearest MacDonalds .

Edited: 2:41 pm, May 06, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 5
3. Re: Places to eat

Take care, some of the Chinese places do not cook on the premises and have food delivered by van and then reheated, I understand that other restaurants do this as well.

Best bet is to ask to check the kitchen if you are thinking of eating their over your holiday,

Find a good one and stick to it, they will get to know you and you them and service will be assured. Do not be shy to ask, a good restaurant will be pleased to show you its Kitchen

Tenerife, Spain
reviews: 77
4. Re: Places to eat

<<some of the Chinese places do not cook on the premises and have food delivered by van and then reheated>>>

That is the first time I have ever heard of that happening.

I do like to be able to see what is going on in the kitchen and many are open to the restaurants, but as said above most are happy for you to have a look around, I have done it on numerous occasions if I have not been able to see what was happening from my table.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Edited: 6:00 am, May 07, 2013
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 27
5. Re: Places to eat

33 para , methinks you have done one excercise too many , they are really re-supplied using C130s as you probably already know

cleethorpes
6. Re: Places to eat

LOL! .......why dont you speak in "Plane " English OJO ?

I have not seen this in any restaurants i have ,friends have or family have used .So really would like to know which these restaurants are please .

I do know certain pre cooked items are made off premises eg spring rolls ,ribs marinated .Thats done the world over .

Most restaurant kitchens allow you to have a look around if you ask ,but also on saying that most kitchens in restaurants we have used are open to the restaurant seating area .......

reviews: 21
7. Re: Places to eat

Thanks for all of your messages, and thanks for the map onelegnofeet, very useful. ;) I'm sure we will find many good places, it's just a matter of discovering the best ones. :D

Edited: 1:02 pm, May 07, 2013
Tenerife, Spain
reviews: 77
8. Re: Places to eat

<<<LOL! .......why dont you speak in "Plane " English OJO ?>>>

That is almost as funny as you staying at the Columbus with the rest of the 18/30s ROFL

But to get back on subject, I wonder if para is mixing Tenerife with some other place where this may happen I would certainly like to find out if it does happen here as I enjoy a good Chinese meal and would definitely avoid if I thought it was just something reheated so if anyone else can confirm I would be very grateful.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

cleethorpes
9. Re: Places to eat

Thats why i want to know which ones too,so i can avoid them ! So hopefully Para comes back .

And whats so funny about me staying at the Columbus ,may i ask ?..........I am only just over the 30 age limit ,if i only counted birthdays on alternate years !!

Manchester, United...
reviews: 22
10. Re: Places to eat

H

Regarding the marola portosin, great choice of apts.

Just underneath the udulla park hotel, next door but one to yours is the black cherry restaurant, a great hidden place.

you will not be disappointed if you eat here.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g562820-…

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas