We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best boat trip for toddler+baby??

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
west yorkshire
Best boat trip for toddler+baby??

Hi, we are going to PDLA in a week. I'm wanting to book a couple of excursions. I can't decide between the 2 hour Lady Shelly Whale watching cruise (glass bottom boat), and 3 hour (with free bar,and snorkling inc) whale,dolphin watching trip on the Maxicat, Catamaran. They are both priced the same (£23/24). Does anyone know which might be more enjoyable/safe for my 2year old+8 month old? Thanks

cleethorpes
reviews: 9
1. Re: Best boat trip for toddler+baby??

I would not be happy myself in recommending either for the little ones ,i would though recommend seeking the advise of Tenerife Sunshine ,they are an excellent company with fantastic staff who i am sure will give you much advise .Heres a link....

www.tenerifesunshine.com

theres live chat on the link so you can get to know lots of things .

Hope this helps

west yorkshire
2. Re: Best boat trip for toddler+baby??

Thanks, however the prices seem more extensive here, with less choice too.

cleethorpes
3. Re: Best boat trip for toddler+baby??

Shhhhhhh! ....just seek their advice ,then chose from info given .Also not all discounts are shown on their site

Chayofa, Spain
4. Re: Best boat trip for toddler+baby??

Funny how someone who's nothing to do with them knows that.

cleethorpes
5. Re: Best boat trip for toddler+baby??

What are you trying to say ? If you think there is something a miss please report it direct to TA Admin .

Not that i feel it warrants a reply however ......i have always used this excellent company as do friends and family .So often " ANYONE" actually using them may find better deals once you either go in to their offices ,or chat on line ......do you not do the same ? Its great customer relations ,give it a go .

Edited: 11:27 am, February 17, 2013
west yorkshire
6. Re: Best boat trip for toddler+baby??

oh dear.. Anyone else been on any boat trips?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 53
7. Re: Best boat trip for toddler+baby??

Sorry but I wouldn't recommend taking babies and toddlers on any boat trips. When I went on one last year, although the weather was wonderful the swell was quite high and there were lots of very sick people all over the boat.

Also, its very, very hot out at sea and there's not much shade on any of the boats that we saw (ours had very little) and 2 hours in the hot sun for babies is not a good idea especially on a catamaran! There's nowhere for them to run around if they want to and they don't give out life jackets either so I'd avoid all boat trips till they are older and can really appreciate them.

Have a look at some things to do on dry land while they are small

cleethorpes
8. Re: Best boat trip for toddler+baby??

Sorry Snoozi , i have absolutely nothing to do with Tenerife Sunshine the accusation that appears is being made really is unfounded .

Though self promotion is not allowed i would have thought it was with in the guidelines for TenerifeExcursionMan to have helped with a bit of guidance to your question rather than causing such issues .Many here on TA think highly and recommend Tenerife Sunshine ,but as of yet i have not seen many recommend Tenerife Excursion Man ,so possibly this has something to do with his post who knows .

Once again sorry this in spoiling your post and hope you find some answers here on TA .........................

Edited: 1:13 am, February 18, 2013
Yorkshire
9. Re: Best boat trip for toddler+baby??

Hello Snoozi

Probably not what you want to hear, but I certainly agree with all that Ceejayblue has said. Can't imagine that one of these trips would be a pleasure for you as you would not be able to relax for one minute - all your attention would have to be concentrated on watching the children to keep them safe, leaving you no time at all to be looking out to sea watching for whales, etc. You would end up feeling exhausted !

Do hope you are able to make alternative plans.

All the best for a very happy holiday. Em.

Nuneaton, United...
10. Re: Best boat trip for toddler+baby??

Tenerife Sunshine are excellent, both the owner & the lady in the San Eugenio office have children.

Trips & change rate are always one of the best.

Personally I would not take young children on boat trips.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas