We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local bars to have a drink for first night?

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tilbury, United...
reviews: 12
Local bars to have a drink for first night?

Hi, It will be our first time visiting PDLA in September and are staying at Parque Santiago IV, however, we wont be arriving until about 9ish so just wanted to know if there are any decent local bars to have a drink? as it is our first time visiting we won't know the place very well so don't want to venture out too far at first! any help would be appreciated :)

cleethorpes
reviews: 9
1. Re: Local bars to have a drink for first night?

Hi SatCG...your basically surrounded by them ,its more about the type you like .So.......if you come out of PS4 theres a swish new place right outside of your door .Turn right as you come out next door is PS 3 over from which are a small selection of bars and restaurants .A bit further is the Safari Centre behind which is The Paz Strip an area of entertainment with some great bars .

If you come out of PS4 over the road and slightly to your left is Hotel Villa Cortez ( a funny shade of browns ,but boy is it a fantastic hotel !) after which is Conquistador hotel and next on your right is La Siesta Hotel .If you carry straight on from there you are now on The Patch another area for some great bars .At Gaelic Corner / Tibu night club if you turn left down to the sea front The Patch continues .

So as said you have many choices ,but dont worry about noise issues PS4 is far enough away to not spoil a good nights sleep.

Now i was taught its rude to ask a ladys age ,however a guide would help members to point you to where you maybe looking for ,as will the sort of things you like entertainment wise,singers,bands,comedy or god forbid Bingo !!!

Beaches ....if you come out of PS4 turn left past Pull and Bear clothes shop ,and carry straight on this brings you onto the sea front walkway turn either way for various beaches of which i think Playa Las Vistas is the best .For this beach once facing the sea turn left this will take you along the walkway passing various hotels till you reach a small shopping centre (you will possibly see a shop called Funde Grubbe ) this centre is called Vista Sur after which is Playa Las Vistas ,but you may find some more preferable to you .This takes approx 10 mins .

Should you fancy a walk into Los Cris just carry on along the sea front walk way same route from Vista Sur to the tunnel at the port of Los Cris is approx 20 mins walk.

Tilbury, United...
2. Re: Local bars to have a drink for first night?

hi, Thank you for your reply, very helpful! I'm 23 however I'm traveling with 14 other family members! ages range 20's to 50's however were all party animals at heart haha :)

cleethorpes
3. Re: Local bars to have a drink for first night?

Hi again ....well thats a big mix to please however i think you wont go far wrong either with bars on "The Paz Strip" or "The Patch " both offer something for everyone . The two main entertainment areas for "The Clubbers" 18/30s bars are Starcos and Veronicas for these areas head as before to the Patch .Once past La Siesta , on the left you will see Parque Santiago 1 then 2 ,then H10 Las Palmeras after which on your right you will see Colon2 carry straight on passing such bars as Travellers rest ,Leonardos and you then come to Veronicas on the left and Starcos on the right .

BTW if you come back to PS4 a little (or a lot!!) drunk ....beware of the footpath water feature .......it kinda sneaky !!! You will see what i mean !!!

west yorkshire
reviews: 31
4. Re: Local bars to have a drink for first night?

Go over to the Parque De La Paz strip, good half a dozen bars over there, with a good mixture of caberet and karaoke, try the Highland Paddy my fave bar on that strip.

5. Re: Local bars to have a drink for first night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:15 am, February 26, 2013
Tilbury, United...
6. Re: Local bars to have a drink for first night?

I'll look out for that footpath! Haha thank you both for your help :)

Edited: 9:13 am, February 26, 2013
cleethorpes
7. Re: Local bars to have a drink for first night?

Yes wish someone had warned me after this was installed !!!! Ego Dampened !

8. Re: Local bars to have a drink for first night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas