We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self-Catering hotels/apartments.

Which Playa del Ingles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 18
Self-Catering hotels/apartments.

Hi, my girlfriend and I are looking into the possibility of sneaking an extra week away in October and are looking at Gran Canaria. We have friends who've booked the Barbados apartments but we would like time to do our own thing, choose a different place and meet up with them in the evenings so we're thinking about a place maybe near the beach. Been here before so roughly know the layout, we used the Riu Waikiki on an All-Inclusive basis as is our choice in all our holidays, we just want to try self-catering, somewhere cheaper and in a good location but not too far from the nightlife. Any recommendations will be looked at, thanks for any possible help.

Jambonian.

5 replies to this topic
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 37
1. Re: Self-Catering hotels/apartments.

The best apartment block in the area is Iguazu almost opposite the Barbados and Las Camellias next door is good too. A little further up is the Sol Barbacan and Avda Tirajana is a long street full of apartments.

You know the shape of PDI and I think Avda Tirajana gives you the best access to the nightlife and the dunes(straight on down to the hotel at the end) or beach (turn left at the corner of Iguazu.) This little area is also excellent for public transport as there are bus stops much closer together than anywhere else on the resort so you can't really miss your stop and the buses go everywhere..

Edinburgh, United...
2. Re: Self-Catering hotels/apartments.

ok, thanks, i'll give them a look, sounds a pretty good option locationwise, thanks again.

Brighton, United...
reviews: 36
3. Re: Self-Catering hotels/apartments.

I visit PDI several times a year and having tried many places , now usually stay at the Buenos Aries apartments (have stayed there 3 times already this year and am returning at the end of Sept for 3 weeks). They are right next to the Yumbo , modern , spotlessly clean , have a nice pool and great staff.

Edinburgh, United...
4. Re: Self-Catering hotels/apartments.

We've getting through them all, well some of them so far including Buenos Aries, Taboga, Seaside sandy beach. Playa del Sol, Sol Barbacan, Las Camelias, Iguazu, Las Gondolas and of course, Barbados even though friends have booked there. Still plenty more to get through! Thanks for the recommendations.

cardiff
reviews: 3
5. Re: Self-Catering hotels/apartments.

Corona blanca? Valentin marieta? The barbados apartments were the first ones I stayed in, loved chippy chippy next door

Reply to: Self-Catering hotels/apartments.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles