We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How big is the resort? Not sure where best to stay

Which Playa del Ingles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth, United...
How big is the resort? Not sure where best to stay

Hi all, I am visiting Gran Canaria for the first time in July with a friend, we are going to PDI. Our hotel booking has been cancelled due to building work and we are now re-considering where best to stay instead. Been looking at Beverley Park, Riu Papayas, Liberty and Eugene Victoria. We want somewhere with a nice pool. How long does it take to get to the beach walking from these hotels? and to the Yumbo and Kasbar. any advise welcomed :) 2 mid twenties ladies after a few good nights out and some relaxation

Edited: 5:23 pm, May 22, 2013
Brighton, United...
reviews: 43
1. Re: How big is the resort? Not sure where best to stay

The Liberty Apartments have recently been refurbed and renamed Axelbeach and is marketed as a "straight friendly" resort . It has a large pool and is just a few minutes walk from the Yumbo , 15 mins or so to the beach . The Eugina is around 8 mins to the Yumbo and has an excellent pool and health spa but the hotel itself is very dated And in serious need of a refurb. The biggest downside for me about the Eugina is the fact that it has very noisy and repetitive " entertainment " every night directly under the balconies of half the hotel for about 2 hours every night . If you like the birdy song etc in German /Dutch blaring out every night , fine , but it was not to my taste . I have not stayed at the other places you mention

Edited: 6:03 pm, May 22, 2013
CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
reviews: 40
2. Re: How big is the resort? Not sure where best to stay

I think the "Eugenia Victoria" would be a good choice for it's location, It's very close to the Kasbah area in one direction on foot and the Yumbo in the other direction is not much further. It's located on "Gran Canaria Ave" which run across the resort. The beach will take you around 10-15 mins to stroll downhill to and a 3 euro taxi will get you back up. Managed by the Bull group here's their website for it:- www.bullhotels.com/eugeniavictoria/index.php

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
reviews: 40
3. Re: How big is the resort? Not sure where best to stay

Sorry did'nt mention that Playa del Ingles is second only to Benidorm in terms of size of resorts so it's big and very well spread out.

4. Re: How big is the resort? Not sure where best to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles