We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mackers Gran Canaria

Which Playa del Ingles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Mackers Gran Canaria

Was in Playa del Ingles in may this year, stayed at the rui waikki, hotel was poor. Food was terrible, same stuff every night for two weeks, no air con, pathetic excuse for a swimming pool which I could walk the length of without my head goin under water. The bar snacks were the same every day and as for unlimited local drinks, if you did not drink beer vodka gin or rum you were snookered. All inclusive and we spent more money eating & drinking out than we had hoped to. The best thing about the hotel was it was next to a great pub called mackers. Two mins along the road was a friendly Irish bar was great staff and great prices. 1 euro a pint and great prices on food. They had good entertainment at night and we preferred to spend time and money in this great little pub rather than that pathetic excuse for a hotel. If your planning a trip you defo have to drop into mackers, it's located just along from the rui waikki and has the best food & drink prices we found. Staff are great entertainment is great and general atmosphere is great. Planning another trip to PDI in October, going self catering this time and know where our first stop will be. Staff give a warm welcome and best of all remember your name, making you feel welcome - Great little pub

Leicester, England...
11. Re: Mackers Gran Canaria

Mackers great and friendly Irish bar with great staff and great prices. 1.25 euro a pint and great prices on food. They had good entertainment at night and we preferred to spend time and money in this great little pub rather than than anywhere in playa del ingles. If your planning a trip you defo have to drop into mackers, it's located just along from the rui waikki and has the best food & drink prices we found. Staff are great entertainment is great and general atmosphere is great. Planning another trip to PDI in October, going self catering this time and know where our first stop will be. Staff give a warm welcome and best of all remember your name, making you feel welcome - Great little pub loved it i was in there every night.

Galway, Ireland
12. Re: Mackers Gran Canaria

Could someone tell me what the nearest landmark to "Mackers" is as i would like to check out it's location on google maps.

thanks

Leicester, England...
13. Re: Mackers Gran Canaria

Its right next door to the Jardin del Sol Apartments

Dublin, Ireland
14. Re: Mackers Gran Canaria

I recently visited Mackers and found it absolutely brilliant. we where in every night and the staff were brilliant had a Irish girl called Sarah doing quizzes and party games, karaoke and music was a absolutely fantastic entertainer and interacted with every single table and made u feel welcome there and kept u laughing for the whole night. the owner (i think sarahs mother) called rachel was a absolute diamond and would pop in most nights to make sure all was running smoothly and had a huge smile on her face all the time. the bar staff where fantastic rachel and colin on the ball constantly and very efficent.. the prices are fantastic and we never found anywhere cheaper than here. it was the busiest bar we found on our whole holiday. the drag show they had twice a week was fantastic. will defo be visiting here again.. its one of the best pubs ive been in on holidays as it feels like a home away from home

united kingdom
15. Re: Mackers Gran Canaria

just back from the wakkiki couldnt fault it MACKERS BAR WATERED DOWN BEER NOT A NICE BAR AT ALL cheap and nasty avoid at all costs

united kingdom
16. Re: Mackers Gran Canaria

we found mackers cheap tacky and watered down drinks ugh

Walsall, United...
17. Re: Mackers Gran Canaria

What's has happened to Mackers, we were there last year and really enjoyed it and went almost every night, there was a very good cook, spanish I think always very clean with the typical chefs hat and white uniform and a smile when he brought your food. But this year a heavily tanned older man unshaven, stinking of beer wearing short denims and a tee-shirt(could have easily passed as a customer). The toilets were filthy with the smell of waste, no soap and no paper for drying your hands.

The drink was still cheap so we went back later to see if it was just a one off and to sing on the karaoke. It wasn't my husband had been in the gents earlier and a cigarette box that was in one of the urinals that morning was still there 8 hours later, that kinda tells its own story. The enterainment wasn't too hot either some girl with a very broad Irish accent was doing her best, but obviusly not a dj, last year the dj was great, very professional and a good laugh. We didn't go back again and were sorry we had recomended this place so highly to our friends and family.

cardiff
reviews: 3
18. Re: Mackers Gran Canaria

We've been going to pdi for the past 12 years this was the first time we had eaten in mackers, had breakfast quite a few times which was lovely, the chef was in whites everytime we saw him and always came out to ask if we were enjoying our food, hope he's still there next year when we go back

Troon, United...
reviews: 14
19. Re: Mackers Gran Canaria

Check for sell by dates on cans! There arent any because they get them cheap from the supplier as they are out of date.

Beer is cheap but is safe to say its the oldest available in the island!

This place is a bit of a running joke amongst other local bar owners. The place is run by the foul mouthed wife of the owner. Owner in jail for attacking a passing tourist! Linked to the destruction of the original Irish centre.

Notice how many good reviews come from the same place and have very few other reviews!

Go if you want but you will only make the mistake once!

Belfast, United...
reviews: 1
20. Re: Mackers Gran Canaria

are you having a laugh they had an illegal bookie in the bar Rachel had the name of the bar on the docket yet when it came to paying out there was no cash to be paid out - illegal bookie and Rachels answer is " it s nothing to do with me" yet the name Mackers bar was on the bookie docket

what a joke avoid tjhis place

Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles
Recent Conversations