We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portaventura - El Paso Hotel - Trips and Disabled pass?!?!

Which Salou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chudleigh, United...
reviews: 7
Portaventura - El Paso Hotel - Trips and Disabled pass?!?!

Dear All,

Can you help me please! I've choosen to take my children to Portaventura this year on holiday staying at the EL Paso Hotel as All Inclusive and was good deal.

Now I'm panicing, travelling on my own with my boys.. my youngest is disabled in a chair wondering how user friendly?! and whether we need to queue the same as has Syncope and faints in queues to get on bus plane groceries etc.. so if have fast pass be a help?! And how do we get one of these please..where to go etc..

Any tips to get most out of our holiday would be great, would like to do a day trip into Barcolona and know about entertainment when park closed please!

Choosen this place as understand a good safe environment for single parent travelling with young..

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Salou
reviews: 37
1. Re: Portaventura - El Paso Hotel - Trips and Disabled pass?!?!

Hi have you spoken to your travel agent about any of your queries or did you book independently? I would advise you to ring the elpaso you can get the number on the port aventura web site. Request to be in a ground floor room as near to all the amenities as possible ask if there is any way ye can avoid queuing at book in and meal times. Fast passes are on sale for the bigger rides I think you can buy them in your hotel at a discount, however these rides may not be suitable for you children and it may be a waste of time, what ages are they? The park is a 5 min uphill walk from your hotel it is a smooth walk alternatively a road train comes by every few mins. There is a lot of walking in the park some of it is uphill but again it is very smooth. Try and avoid the middle of the day as it gets so busy like wise the weekend, go in early morning and a few hours before closing and there will be much less people. There are great shows in the park, hotel puts on nice shows too geared at the kids, under tens really.

You can book day trips to Barcelona with reps or plana bus office in salou, but it is a long day out and may be too much to manage with your children on your own. Salou is at least a 20 min walk from the hotel, your probably better to ask reception to ring a taxi for you.

House of illusion is meant to be an excellent show its in salou have a look at the reviews in the" things to do" section here. Also the salou fountain show is great again look for reviews.

Best of luck with the hols, try and relax and dont over load yourself with too mch to do!!

Chudleigh, United...
2. Re: Portaventura - El Paso Hotel - Trips and Disabled pass?!?!

Hi yes I did book through my travel agent I will go back to them and ask about ground floor etc.. it was them that encourage me to go on this rather than some where like menorca...if not follow your advice on phoning.. thank you for your thoughts. Sounds like I will have strong arms at the end of this pushing my 8 year old boy up the hills etc :0) Probably give Barcelona a miss if it's going to be a long day twin 8 year olds and one at 7.

Thank you for getting in touch!

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Salou
reviews: 37
3. Re: Portaventura - El Paso Hotel - Trips and Disabled pass?!?!

Hi again I was just thinking that maybe staying in the hotel port aventura may be a better option for you as it is right beside the theme park walk out the back gate and your there, however it doesnt offer all inclusive. Maybe you travel agent could look into changing hotels for you if you think that sounds better. Dont worry too much about the hills as they are gentle slopes in most places and at least there is the bonus on the return journey of going downhill! Again if you go in the morns or eves when its not too warm it will be a bit easier. The pa hotels are lovely and are usually pretty quiet during the day time as people head off for the day so you should be able to chill out by the pools for a while. When are you going?

Edited: 5:21 am, June 21, 2011
Chudleigh, United...
4. Re: Portaventura - El Paso Hotel - Trips and Disabled pass?!?!

were going 18th July. for a week. :) looking forward to it. it's that nervous excitement when your trying something new i guess. Life appears like that since my husband passed away. Appreciate you taking the time out to help. Still waiting for Travel agent to ring me back from this morning they were busy... so will banter a few ideas around with them when they get back to me..

lincolnshire
reviews: 2
5. Re: Portaventura - El Paso Hotel - Trips and Disabled pass?!?!

ive just been, i have a autistic child, lucky i took a letter about my sons autism in spanish as hardly any of them speak english, the spanish were very rude to us they push in front of you they looked at my son as if they never seen a child with autim we stayed in the el paso and got food poison, sorry cant recomend it we never going there again waise of money we normaly go to florida where the people are amazing and cant do enough for you when they see you have a child with special needs.

Devon, England
reviews: 3
6. Re: Portaventura - El Paso Hotel - Trips and Disabled pass?!?!

Oh dear that's a shame we normally go to florida to but had a fab break in el Paso last year same time of year... Was planning to go alternative years as so good. Sorry to hear you had such a bad time. Thanks for sharing I have a disabled child who had noticed that in Spain they are not as use to seeing little ones requiring more attention. My son got fed up with people staring at him so much but thankfully I think the fact he could speak enough Spanish to ask them not to stare won the ay for us..

chesterfield
reviews: 1
7. Re: Portaventura - El Paso Hotel - Trips and Disabled pass?!?!

you can get free fast track wrist band from customers information for the disabled child and 1 carer, same as UK theme parks x

Wales
Destination Expert
for Salou
reviews: 24
8. Re: Portaventura - El Paso Hotel - Trips and Disabled pass?!?!

This is an old thread but for anyone interested/requiring pass for disabled person:

I have stayed in Hotel Portaventura with my disabled child (autism, speech and language disability....) for the past 6 years.

Take proof of disability to Guest Services in the park (not guest services in your PA hotel) and they will give you an exit pass which you show at every ride so that you go on first without queuing. You either go through the fast pass entrance of the ride or through the exit. You have to get a new pass every day.

I have always found everyone very helpful. We have booked already for our 7th visit next year.

Edited: 1:26 pm, July 13, 2012
Belfast, United...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Portaventura - El Paso Hotel - Trips and Disabled pass?!?!

thank you swan007

Edited: 11:11 am, February 24, 2013
10. Re: Portaventura - El Paso Hotel - Trips and Disabled pass?!?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Salou