We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

port aventura

Which Salou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading/UK
reviews: 10
port aventura

I will be travelling to Spain late May, I plan to spend 3 days in Barcelona, 3 days at Port Aventura and 4 days in Tossa de Mar. Can anyone recommend accommodation near Port Aventura. The on site hotels do not seem too impressive. I am travelling with husband and two children aged 11 and 13. We really want to be within walking distance of park. The Capri hotel in Tossa de Mar looks quite good, does anyone know how I could book direct. I cannot find a website for it. We really want to be in hotels that do not serve egg and chips, fish fingers and chips etc

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
reviews: 8
1. Re: port aventura

Port Aventura is near Salou but not on the edge of town. If you aren't in a hotel on-site I doubt you'll be able to walk there. It does have its own station so you cd get train one stop from Salou.Salou is rather Blackpool-ish though with more holiday apartments perhaps: in any case so not sure that other hotels wd grab you more.

Toronto, ONT
reviews: 48
2. Re: port aventura

the only walking distance hotels are the ones on the property. takes 15-20 min from La Pineda or Salou on a regular bus. I wouldn't stay in Port Aventura nothing around except the Park. Salou or La Pineda have beach, shops and places to go at night.

Reading/UK
reviews: 10
3. Re: port aventura

Thank you. I do not mind staying at the park because we will be staying in Barcelona for 3 nights then travelling on to Tossa de Mar for 4 nights. Staying at the park is a trade off for our children having to endure any culture on holiday. I have found a web site where I can book the hotel Capri but I think I may go for the hotel Turissa in Tossa deMar. Thank you people.

Kent, England
reviews: 5
4. Re: port aventura

Hi, our family of five stayed in Salou last May 2004. We did this independently. My son had been to Salou and Barcelona with school the year before and insisted that we did this as a family. As this was not a main holiday we did it the least expensive way we could and had a great time. Booked flights with easyjet and hired car from airport for a day to take us to our hotel in Salou. The following day we went back to Barcelona to see the sights and got the train back to Port Aventura which is the station you get off for the hotel and the theme park. The Hotel is called the Sol Costa Daurada. It can be booked direct with Sol Melia on their website. We paid no deposit and you settle the bill at the end of your stay, but of course when you book you know how much you will be charged. You can pay in euros or pounds. its very reasonably priced and included breakfast and evening meals.

The hotel is a 4*. It is clean and the food is fine.Best of all, it is very near the theme park. Because we have had first hand experience I can confirm that we did actully walk back to the hotel one afternoon. There is also a courtesy bus that takes you there directly from the hotel. I would say that the hotel is not in the centre of Salou but is within walking distance of Port Aventura Station which will take you North up to Barcelona or further south to Sitges, Tarragona etc. We used the train to catch our flight back home. Our sons were aged 14 and 12.We are looking to repeat this trip and would stay at the same hotel again. Hope you find this information helpful. If you have any more questions I would be happy to answer. The theme park is wonderful and the great thing is that it was not overcrowded. We went at the end of May in the half term period.

Get answers to your questions about Salou