We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midlands
reviews: 5
Where to eat

Hi Lots of restaurants and pubs to eat in but could anyone recommend somewhere to eat that is a bit better than the usual run of the mill. I have checked out a few places recommended on here. One is the Orange tree but as there are 4 of us there prices are just a little too much at around 18 euros if I am correct. I am thinking of trying out El Cordero for the set meal , Eduardos for the fish?,Giorgios for rissotto pasta, Peacock/Fagins for the roast dinners. Not sure about menue for Erase una fez and then other nights just the usual chips with something. Could anyone recommend any other places that are a bit above the rest.? thanks

P:s I like the look of some of the restaurants on Santa Anna beach anyone tried them?

Torremolinos, Spain
1. Re: Where to eat

Hi there

Unfortunately you will pay a fair price for something "a bit better than the run of the mill" - but €18 is not expensive considering the meal you get and the quality of the food.

It may be better if you check out the restaurants section, set your budget and then do a search based on the parameters you select.

For example there is a little place called Leifs along from Decs bar that i would recommend for Sunday Roast over anywhere else, but it is a little but more expensive - the rest are all the same, plasticy chewy Yorkshires, chewy meat, horrible potatoes and frozen veg - at Leifs everything is fresh and the yorks last time were made fresh with york batter on site :) Even Aunt Bessies are better than some of the rubbery stuff they serve up around the place lol.

Then come back with your results and we can help from there, or you can just check the reviews on here for the results and then ask if you're still not happy or decided :)

Of course, all views are subjective and what one may like the other may not.

CB

Scotland
reviews: 23
2. Re: Where to eat

Doesn't that 18€ also include the wine?

grimsby lincs
reviews: 49
3. Re: Where to eat

la taberna for me @14.95 for two good quality courses and a good selection to choose from

Edited: 1:49 pm, April 28, 2013
Midlands
reviews: 5
4. Re: Where to eat

True enough quality is important so will have a rethink. I did like the look of that lamb shoulder at the Orange tree maybe one visit in our stay won't break the bank lol. Will have a look at la taberna as well cheers to all

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 59
5. Re: Where to eat

La Taberna throws in a choice of desserts from 3 or 4 choices for the 14.50 too. Its just past O Driscolls bar on the main road heading towards the Riviera from the Windmill Roundabout.

Also try Rodeo Steakhouse (same directions) excellent meat. Also Bar24 reasonable price for very good food.

Torremolinos, Spain
6. Re: Where to eat

Definitely 2nd MT''s Rodeo suggestion especially if you're a meat lover. Sometimes (happened on my birthday with a group of 30) they had 2 4 1 on all steaks lol they were HUGE anyway and the quality of meat excellent - a good munch night for sure - Down to the sails roundabout from the OT and turn left and it's along there.

CB

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 59
7. Re: Where to eat

Just an "aside"

Sails roundabout is at the end of Palm Tree Ave, www.flickr.com/photos/terry_wha/92551267/

the roundabout at the bottom of Garcia Lorca (my avatar) has windmills on it, as in the seaside kiddy type.

Hence Windmill`s roundabout. In one of McCambv other posts its referred to as flags. I assumed it was the Av Garcia Lorca one.

UK/Benalmadena
reviews: 1
8. Re: Where to eat

Yes, I'd definitely 3rd the Rodeo. Don't bother to have steak anywhere else as it's the best steak you will have. Not cheap but you don't need a starter. Also, if you want to try something different, go to Restaurant Alborada. It's spanish and they have a good menu del dia for €9.95. Three courses plus drink and roll. Food is excellent and different to the many spanish restaurants that tend to have more "english" type menus.

Derbyshire,England
reviews: 10
9. Re: Where to eat

If you fancy something other than chips and something then try Sabatini's . We had a great Italian meal there.......nothing fancy,but great pasta n pizza all fresh cooked and great value. The 6 of us voted it number 2 in our end of holiday vote!! Bar76 next door was great too! We had a couple of nights in Arroyo .......there are some great Spanish restaurants to pick from.

Avoid Amigos is my top tip!

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
reviews: 29
10. Re: Where to eat

We had a fabulous platter of all different meats at one of the resturants on the front at Benalmadena. When we looked in April, could not find anyone offering this deal.

Now n-340 where we got a great platter from moved, any place doing this offer at the moment, back next week.