We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time visitor - several questions please

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleethorpes, United...
reviews: 3
first time visitor - several questions please

Hi, we are staying with our 12 year old grandson in May at Pueblo del parque apartments just by the Feria above Paloma park. He is a typical boy not keen on long walks so please can anyone advise on any good reasonably priced restaurants nearby.

Is there anywhere nearby we can kick a football around? I know the park is very close but is football allowed on the grassy areas? or anywhere else?

I've seen the municipal tennis courts on Palm tree ave. - are these a turn up and play facility or do you book and purchase a ticket elsewhere?

Please can someone tell me where we would catch a bus to the marina and also in the other direction the butterfly park and what number bus?

How far is the walk to the train station in arroyal or would this be best by bus (thinking of our grandson). Planning on visiting crocodile park,water park,parque bateria and fuengirola bioparc by train. thanks for any help

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 60
1. Re: first time visitor - several questions please

You are staying very close to Selwo Marina where there are dolphins, penguins, an Amazon area and bird shows etc, well worth a visit. Also if you have a look at the top questions on the right hand side of the forum there are lots of ideas there of places in the local area.

Tivoli World is a the local amusement area and is a good place for a youngster. The Telecabina is a great way to spend some time and on a clear day the views are amazing.

Not sure about where you can kick a football about, apart from the beach but I'm sure someone will come along to confirm if there is someone local to you.

You will certainly have a good time though and there is so much to do that you may need another holiday to get over it!

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 59
2. Re: first time visitor - several questions please

There is no problem with a ball in the park. Arroyo is no more than 500m from your apartments. Uphill, admittedly but the nearest bus stop is further than the walk to Arroyo. Out of your apartments turn left, pass the Hindu Temple then Farmacia on your right, at these crossroads slight left across the road up again 200m, you come to the bottom of Calle Blas Infante (pedestrianised street). At the top of Blas Infante is the train station and 200m beyond is Tivoli World and the cable car mentioned above. www.tivoli.es

Had you turned left at the bottom of Blas Infante try Otelli, lovely food.

Half way up Blas Infante is Plaza Espana (opposite the tabacs) well worth a visit.

From your apartments turn right walk downhill to the junction with the Bellagio apartments, follow this down to the main coast road and turn right again. Plenty of restaurants all in a row. Or walk along past Benal Beach Apartments until you come to the Farmacia here, turn right El Naranjo well worth a visit. At the the bottom (windmills roundabout) turn left try Rodeo Steakhouse and a little further on La Taberna.

The closest bus stop for the Butterfly farm, either walk up the train station as directions above. Or you need to walk to the stop outside O`Driscolls Bar which is just past Rodeo Steakhouse above.

There is a bus that stops on the road just after the Hindu Temple (turn left there) however I cant picture the actual stop is, and that bus only runs hourly, the other stops get buses every 20 mins or so.

I wouldn't bother with the bus for the marina either. Min taxi fare is 5 or 6€ to the marina from the rank outside Benal Beach (park side). The bus is 1.45€ per adult plus sons fare. Or get a cattle prod and make him walk LOL.

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
reviews: 29
3. Re: first time visitor - several questions please

From Arroyo the 112, 121 or the 126 go to the butterfly farm, the 126 turns round at this point.

You get get the bus across the road from the side enterence to Paloma park, just down from the petrol station.

Agree if can play football can walk to marina, because of work on the beach could play football on the beach from the windmill roundabout all the way to the marina.

With my two sons and now grandsons find the area by the marina with the laid out football pitches and goal posts are the ideal area for football

Cleethorpes, United...
4. Re: first time visitor - several questions please

thanks for your reply ceejay, this forum was instrumental in my choice of destination as it soon became clear thanks to people like yourself sharing information just how much there is to do. Our grandson is at that age where he needs lots to do so we have pencilled in many activities including those you have highlighted.

Funny you mentioned needing another holiday as I am also using this holiday as a recce for future holidays for my wife and I.

kind regards

Cleethorpes, United...
5. Re: first time visitor - several questions please

Hi Mantalk, Arryoyo is closer than I thought so walking up should be no problem. I've followed your directions on 'google street' and had a look at restaurant suggestions - will certainly give them a visit as well as tivoli world, cable car etc. Thanks very much for the information it is much appreciated. kind regards

Cleethorpes, United...
6. Re: first time visitor - several questions please

Hi Ian, yes I'm probably being a bit soft on him and I'm sure he'll be ok walking down to the beach. The goals on the beach look a good option. Thanks for your reply, the bus no.s ar e useful. kind regards

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 59
7. Re: first time visitor - several questions please

I think you may find this useful too: http://www.benalmadena-arroyo.com/

Cleethorpes, United...
8. Re: first time visitor - several questions please

Yes, thanks that's a really useful site.

9. Re: first time visitor - several questions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 18, 2014