We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire - Any recommendations of good ones please?

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
reviews: 18
Car hire - Any recommendations of good ones please?

We are coming to malaga airport in July, school hols. I know the airport is going to be manic at this time as we have been for last few years. In the summer hols, we have normally hired a car off the people who rent the villa to us. We are staying somewhere else this time so need to get car at Malaga to get us to our destination down the coast and to use during hols.

We need it to be as hassle free as possible as we will have a 10 month old baby with us, so lots of paraphanlia and a tired baby by the time we reach malaga as very early flight.

Are there any really good car hire companies, maybe that bring the car to you at the airport?!

Last time used Centauro, in April, and had to get minibus to depot short drive away, which was ok but still pretty busy at depot and we didnt have the baby! Just had 8 yr old with us.

Ideally dont want too much waiting around as I know we'll have to wait ages for our bags off carousel!

Thanks in advance

UK/Benalmadena
reviews: 1
1. Re: Car hire - Any recommendations of good ones please?

If you look at this thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187438-i333-k62…

you will see the information that you need. A lot of people on this site want completely hassle free car hire and Helle Hollis are definitely recommended for this. You could also try Auto Europe and see what they do. Don't forget you need to read the T&C's very carefully to see what you are getting and which company, if you go through a broker. If you decide you like the look of Helle Hollis, don't forget to use the Club code H6486 to get another 15% off the price of car hire.

Norwich
reviews: 9
2. Re: Car hire - Any recommendations of good ones please?

We used CarGest on the airport, short mini bus ride away, Had a Skoda Fabia, paid extra for full insurance for the week, no problems at all,no fuel rip off!!, might have to wait a while for the mini bus at busy periods, we did, but would use again.

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 36
3. Re: Car hire - Any recommendations of good ones please?

Having just used www.malagacar.com for the first time. i can say i will certainly use them again. Pick up was speedy, jusy a short ride away (next door to Cargest) and on drop off one of their drivers took us to the airport in the car we were returning. Less than 2 mins. There are reviews that state problems with Q`s at pickup, and in busier times i can see that happening, 6 desks inside the building rest would be Q`ing in full sun or rain outside.

Best for service, by far, is Ali`s advice in post 1, never had a poor experience with Helle Hollis.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 15
4. Re: Car hire - Any recommendations of good ones please?

Yes one of my reviews about this company was that the ques at the depot were long - BUT it hasnt stopped us using them again in June. This time, we will be better prepared for the wait. AND on departure, because we will have 2 cases plus 2 golf bags plus hand luggage my husband will drop me off at the airport where I will just stay and wait for him. Got to be better than off loading and on loading.

Incidentally, we now use meet and greet and Gatwick where we just drive to the airport where someone is waiting to take our car - cheaper a little bit than parking in the long term car parks and again for all the luggage we take, its so much easier.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 50
5. Re: Car hire - Any recommendations of good ones please?

Hope you check your mileage when you drop the car off at Gatwick Josie? Saw a programme on one of the consumer programes a while back where someone's car was not parked securely in a car park but on a road and moved about and used as transport by the staff!

Worthing, United...
reviews: 15
6. Re: Car hire - Any recommendations of good ones please?

Absolutely Ceejay - the web site purports that it is taken a short distance away and put into a private gates cctv compound - BUT I do know that I have used them twice now and always write our milage down and make a point of showing the guy - in fact he asks us to confirm with hinm the milage and he will walk round the car with you to see if there are any dents etc.

Believe me I am more than cagey about the meet and greet - I too saw a programme about these meet and greet people.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 50
7. Re: Car hire - Any recommendations of good ones please?

Our usual lift to the airport can't drive for 6 months because of ill health so in September we've got to get to Gatwick by ourselves so we looked into the cost of airport parking and it looks like a taxi both ways will be as cheap as parking! LOL! I did research all the parking options and OH said he didn't want to hand over his keys to a stranger - he's even more wary than I am, and that's saying something LOL!

UK/Benalmadena
reviews: 1
8. Re: Car hire - Any recommendations of good ones please?

I've used meet and greet for the last couple of years and never had a problem. The compounds are usually a fair distance from the airport, but so are the long term car parks, so you have to expect a few miles extra on the clock. It's far quicker than going to a long term car park, no waiting around for the coaches to come and pick you up. It's even better in the winter because by the time they have driven the car to you, it's lovely and warm! I also saw the programme. Yes, I'm sure there are a few rogues around, but these programmes always sensationalize. If you leave your car somewhere for servicing, there's no guarantee that someone isn't going to run the odd errand in it.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 18
9. Re: Car hire - Any recommendations of good ones please?

Ok thanks.

Belfast, United...
reviews: 16
10. Re: Car hire - Any recommendations of good ones please?

So glad you had a good experience with www.malagacar.com As stated before i have always been happy with their service and price. I recently had a seat ibiza for 9 days half full/half full for 37 euros.