We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 star hotel

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wales
reviews: 44
4 star hotel

In looking for a 4 star hotel with good food for next March the wife and i have thought about the Benalmadena Palace and Spa,Sol Aloha Puerto and a little further from the Marina the Sunset Beach.

Any thoughts anyone ? (the Riu's are more expensive)

Thanks

Wolverhampton...
reviews: 9
1. Re: 4 star hotel

I have stayed at the Aloha Puerto a few times ...fab location as you are 5 min walk from Benalmadena Marina in one direction and 10 to 15 min walk to La Carihuela in the other direction..all a flat walk ...I love the fact you step straight onto the promenade and there are no roads between. Also the local bus stops right outside to Torremolinos town centre as do the taxis.

Some say it's more a very good 3 star than 4 but the breakfast choice was huge and very good and I found it a little less snobby than some 4 stars..couldn't fault it

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 58
2. Re: 4 star hotel

Also consider the Triton and The Riviera reopens in march after a refit.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 58
3. Re: 4 star hotel

Certainly Triton and Riviera both excellent. I like the Aloha for the surrounding restaurants - Spanish Garden, El Trillo, Parilla Enrique Marin, La Vina de Ale and Kates Cottage are all excellent particularly the very underrated Enrique Marin. Kates still does great Steaks.

I would not consider anything more than bed and breakfast in the Aloha, if none of the above restaurants appeal then loads more in the Marina.

Oh yeah - the food in the Aloha is ok too, but the outside selection should not be ignored, all only 5 minutes or less from the front door.

United Kingdom
reviews: 19
4. Re: 4 star hotel

Isn't the Aloha Puerto classed as being Torremolinos?

I've stayed there but to be honest I would favour the Riviera ,which is part of the Medplaya group , for food.

wales
5. Re: 4 star hotel

Thanks all for your help, the Riviera is closed until May 1st but will book something soon most probably Half board so we can eat out when we please.

Wolverhampton...
reviews: 9
6. Re: 4 star hotel

The Aloha is on the very border of Torremolinos and Benalmadena but is in reality much closer to Bnalmadena Central than Torremolinos central

Timbuktu, Mali
7. Re: 4 star hotel

TheSol Aloha Puerto is good ,and is in Torremolinos , which is much nicer than Benalmadena .

United Kingdom
reviews: 19
8. Re: 4 star hotel

Kevin I do so agree.

Airtool if I was going to go into Torremolinos territory I would choose to stay in a suite at the Pez Espada which is a little further along from the Aloha Puerto .

wales
9. Re: 4 star hotel

We stopped towards Torre a few years back so we thought we would try around by the marina, although the hotel and spa Benalmadena Palace has very good reviews but its way past marina but we do like a walk afer the evening meal.

Thanks all

Edited: 3:57 am, December 09, 2012
10. Re: 4 star hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena
Recent Conversations