We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ReGional Rheinland Palatinate ticket from Mainz to Koblenz

Medan, Indonesia
ReGional Rheinland Palatinate ticket from Mainz to Koblenz

If I buy Rheinland Palatinate ticket from Mainz-Koblenz-Mainz, but in Koblenz I want to go to bacharah, can I use this train ticket to Bacharach or Cochem and from there back to Mainz? or I just stick to the itinerary and time in the ticket? Any reply will be much appreciate. Thank you.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: ReGional Rheinland Palatinate ticket from Mainz to Koblenz

Rheinland-Pfalz Ticket has no itineraries or times. Just a date. As it is a day ticket. It covers the regional trains and buses in the federal state Rhineland-Palatinate and a bit beyond (see map):

der-takt.de/uploads/media/6198_RPT_Streckenn…

> Rheinland Palatinate ticket from Mainz-Koblenz-Mainz

That's just a dummy connection you need if you buy through the DB timetable. If you use the ticket for this route or any other route (in Rhineland-Palatinate) palys no role. You can buy the ticket however also on spot from ticket machines for the same price as online. Or at the counter for EUR 2 more.

Medan, Indonesia
2. Re: ReGional Rheinland Palatinate ticket from Mainz to Koblenz

yes, It has time and date if I buy it online, I just want everything to be sure before

I go and save me alot of time. for 3 it cost 27 euro, and it said Rheinland-Pfalz ticket, valid for unlimited number of journeys on the day of validity, regardless of connection show. Is that mean, I can hop on hop off the train as many as I want to? can I use this ticket from Mainz to Worms again in the afternoon? sorry for the dummy question. And thanks a lot abalada for the input, it help a lot but still a little confuse.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
3. Re: ReGional Rheinland Palatinate ticket from Mainz to Koblenz

Yes you can. It allows unlimited travel on all local and regional trains (no ICE, IC, EC) within the boundaries of the state of Rheinland-Pfalz and a few routes beyond. You can hop on and off and on and off as often as you like during that day.

Medan, Indonesia
4. Re: ReGional Rheinland Palatinate ticket from Mainz to Koblenz

Thank you for your information. One more question, if I book a ticket online with a stated time, and I miss the train, can I take the next train?

5. Re: ReGional Rheinland Palatinate ticket from Mainz to Koblenz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 10, 2013