We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boarder or skier???

Which Macot-la-Plagne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 18
Boarder or skier???

Ladies and Gents,

After 41 years I have sent my girlfriend on a beach holiday with her mate so I can go on a 'snow holiday'...everytime I wanted to go to the slopes she somehow managed to persuade me to go to a hot beach holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Damn you woman!)

Anyway, I want to board as it appears more trendy, fun and not so regimented than skiing...BUT my friend who has been skiing before says do some skiing lessons for 3-4 days and then jump on a board for the rest of the week to get a taste of both. He says it will be easier this way than board first and skis after.

I DO NOT WANT AN ARGUMENT ABOUT 'I HATE BOARDERS' OR 'I HATE SKIERS'; just your opinions if I should board for the whole week and NOT ski or learn on skis for 3-4 days and thenthis will make my boarding abit easier/enjoyable (less time on my backside).

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME EVER IN THE SNOW....LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. TRAVELLING TO MONTELBERT, LA PLANGE 11-18 JANUARY.............4DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1BALOO

London, United...
reviews: 34
1. Re: Boarder or skier???

You'll probably get better replies on a dedicated ski forum such as snowheads.co.uk.

Personally I think it depends on your pain threshold and how much you want to see of the resort. Boarding can take a lot longer to get used to and is a lot more painful, with skiing you should be able to whizz around blue runs after a couple of days lessons. Whereas with boarding you may find getting on and off chairlifts difficult and may be restricted in how far you can go.

But each to their own, you'll have a great time whatever you choose - be warned, it's addictive!!

London, United...
reviews: 18
2. Re: Boarder or skier???

Cheers Fleur1104,

Blue runs in a couple of days sounds very inticing....I think the decision will be made when I am in the shop on the piste.

Cheers again 1Baloo

3. Re: Boarder or skier???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, June 27, 2014