We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La plagne transfer nightmare!!!!

Which Macot-la-Plagne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
devon
La plagne transfer nightmare!!!!

hi, new to this so bare with me !

I'm in the proccess of booking a ski holiday for me and 2 friends. I have the accomodation sorted and the flights too.

I'm now trying to arrange a transfer for the 3 of us but can't seem to find one for less than £160 per person...(this is more than the flights!)

the only condition i have really is that i dont want to be hanging around, i want to maximise skiing time for the group!

Someone please help !

Thanks!

London, England
reviews: 3
1. Re: La plagne transfer nightmare!!!!

I hope this is not too late but you might find hiring a car for a week from the air port might be cheaper and Ben's Bus is worth a look at 74 pounds per person return from a variety of airports.

We are travelling by Ski Train and arrive after the last bus up to Plagne Bellecote leaves so I am currently seeking taxi quotes and considering staying in an Aime hotel overnight and travelling up by bus (10 pounds!) on Sunday morning instead.

London, England
reviews: 3
2. Re: La plagne transfer nightmare!!!!

An update for anyone wanting a taxi from Aime, Gare SNCF, to La Plagne.

Albert Taxi website www.taxilaplagne.fr/tarifs.html has tables of transfer prices to all local destinations and you can book online. Up to 4 adults in a taxi from the station to Plagne Bellecote is quoted at 50 Euros, for example which is a lot better than £160 per person. They will quote for custom trips too. The website says that the hourly tariffs are set by the local authority so quotes of £160 are a rip-off (presumably by an unlicensed operator).

3. Re: La plagne transfer nightmare!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, May 16, 2014