We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

who to hire for ski lessons?

Which Macot-la-Plagne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough...
reviews: 2
who to hire for ski lessons?

can anyone advise best ski school/instructor for my daughter and i to hire in April please? I am a beginner, my daughter has skied before, however we want to stick together. Thank you

blackburn UK
reviews: 5
1. Re: who to hire for ski lessons?

I've been to La Plagne several times and always used Oxygene both for kids and adults. Never had a problem with them. I've usually spoken to them on the phone beforehand to decide which classes to book in for - they are very helpful. They also have a mini bus service where they can pick you up from your hotel and take you to Plagne Centre where the lessons start from - might be useful if you haven't skied before.

Craig

Middlesbrough...
2. Re: who to hire for ski lessons?

Thank you for your reply, Do you have their contact details and was it within a group? I was wondering if one-to-one would be better for me and my daughter as she can ski and i'm in the process of having lessons at snozone near leeds.

Any ideas of costs please, just so i could budget!!! We are staying on the slopes in hotel Turquoise, on Belle la Plange.

Any info is a great help!

Thank you

Marnie

blackburn UK
3. Re: who to hire for ski lessons?

Hi,

We stayed in Belle Plagne last year but you will need to get to Plagne Centre for the lessons with Oxygene . ESF have a base in Belle Plagne quite near your hotel so it might be easier to go with ESF. We went with Oxygene as we'd used them previously and thought they were good. I've no experience of ESF so can't really say whether they are good or bad. I think it took us about 20 minutes or so to ski to Plagne Centre (or you can get the minibus). We paid EUR 209 each in February half term for 6 days of lessons from 10-00 until 12-30. This was as part of a group although the most people we had in the group was about 6. Our kids (10 & 15) were in other groups that were a bit bigger. I know they do private lessons as well but I've no experience of them. Our instructor last year was a Scottish guy called Euan and he was excellent so if you go for private lessons ask if you can have him. All the details are on their web site and you can book online.

http://www.oxygene-ski.com/

When I called them I dealt with Jo who was helpful in suggesting what levels etc we should go on so perhaps give them a call. We also hired equipment from them. Let me know if I can help with any other questions

PS I have nothing to do with Oxygene, I'm just a satisfied customer!

Middlesbrough...
4. Re: who to hire for ski lessons?

Thank you once again for your advice, I will definatly give them a call and check out their website, much appreciated...

Marnie

Middlesbrough...
5. Re: who to hire for ski lessons?

We will be arriving in Belle Plagne on sat this week, would it be ok to book our ski lessons/school when we arrive or in advance via internet? Thought i would ask as dont want to get there and no spaces are available for the two of us to ski.

Thanks

Marnie

blackburn UK
6. Re: who to hire for ski lessons?

I don't think you'll have a problem in terms of availability if you don't book in advance but I think the office will be busy on Saturday morning hiring out equipment so I'd book in advance if it were me - purely to save time on the day

Craig

blackburn UK
7. Re: who to hire for ski lessons?

How did it go?

8. Re: who to hire for ski lessons?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 18, 2013