We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we pay € 20 extra for a full Paradiski lift pass?

Which Macot-la-Plagne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
reviews: 84
Should we pay € 20 extra for a full Paradiski lift pass?

Hi,

We are staying in the Vancouver Hotel in Plagne Soleil for a week from 12th March. We have intermediate / higher intermediate/ lower advanced skiiers in our group.

Looking to buy our lift passes in advance with skiholidayextras.com, as I believe they deliver them to your hotel ready for your arrival.

This is our first holiday in this ski area, so we were thinking of buying the Discovery pass for one day in Les Arcs, spending the other 5 days in La Plagne area.

However, with the rather poor snow conditions this year, is Les Arcs doing better than La Plagne area? The difference in price between a Discovery Pass and full Paradiski pass is € 20.

We are used to skiing the Grand Valira area in Andorra, covering 5 resorts, but not sure how this compares size wise with La Plagne area.

I would appreciate any comments or advice.

Thanks.

21 replies to this topic
Norwich
reviews: 2
11. Re: Should we pay € 20 extra for a full Paradiski lift pass?

Not sure where you can buy the snowcards. We got them from our holiday rep for Ski Beat - ask your travel rep if you have one.

When you buy the card you get a list of restaurants (with a map!) and the menu you can have from each.

I would particularly recomend the restaurant at the top of Roche De Mio and the one at the top of the cable coming out of Plan Centre. It will be clearer when you get the map showing participating restaurants.

Have a great holiday!

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
12. Re: Should we pay € 20 extra for a full Paradiski lift pass?

Thanks for your reply stevencindy,

I found a ski blog page website which explains about the Snowcard, and says it costs € 5 for up to 40% off 9 listed restaurants in La Plagne area and 4 in Les Arcs.

I think they are only available from Tour Operators, so I will ask Igluski about this. I am assuming we should have a rep on the transfer coach and in resort.

They do sound worth buying!

Thanks for all the help on this forum.

northamptonshire
13. Re: Should we pay € 20 extra for a full Paradiski lift pass?

Hi Again,

along with the other good advice and information here are a couple of links to look at....

The first is a brief outline of some of the slopes around Plagne Soleil...

laplagne.co.uk/index.php/skiing-in-la-plagne… .

The other is for the website snow-forecast.com , which has a piste map that will enlarge if clicked on, and also on the altitue ppart at the top , on the left handside you will see 3 altitudes.If you click on each one it will give you the predicted temps and snow forecasts for that altitude for the next 7 days...

snow-forecast.com/resorts/…pistemap_full

All the best

Jon.

northamptonshire
14. Re: Should we pay € 20 extra for a full Paradiski lift pass?

Hi,

Didn't want to leave your replies on number 13 :( .........the following website is also a good place to find resort info, the site is for skiers by skiers

Where To Ski & Snowboard ( WTSS ) http://www.wheretoskiandsnowboard.com/

Jon.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
15. Re: Should we pay € 20 extra for a full Paradiski lift pass?

Thanks for the links Jon.

I phoned Igluski - they had not heard of the Snowcard, but said to ask the Ski France rep when we arrive.

Norwich
reviews: 2
16. Re: Should we pay € 20 extra for a full Paradiski lift pass?

I would guess that the ski france rep will sell them to you on the coach!!!

A few people on our coach were a bit cynical and thought it was just the rep trying to sell something that was not worth the money. But the two peple with us changed their minds on the first day after paying more for a bowl of soup and glass of coke, than we paid for chicken, chips, glass of red wine followed by a cup of coffee!!!

The only restaurant on the list that I would avoid was the one in Vallendry, were the choice of things available was only the cheaper menu items.

Anyway, glad the advice helped, and have a great hols

Cindy

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
17. Re: Should we pay € 20 extra for a full Paradiski lift pass?

Thanks for the extra info Cindy.

Things sold by the rep on the coach usually do cost more than in resort, so I am not surprised if some people are wary of buying this card if they have not already heard of it.

Cheers!

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
18. Re: Should we pay € 20 extra for a full Paradiski lift pass?

I phoned SkiFrance today, to ask about the Snowcard. They didn't know anything about them. Said not available from their rep in resort.

Bummer.

Ipswich, England...
reviews: 28
19. Re: Should we pay € 20 extra for a full Paradiski lift pass?

I know this is a late reply but in case anyone else reads it...

You must be mad not to pay the extra. The marginal increase on the total cost of a holiday should not be a consideration. If you can't afford the extra you should have picked a cheap resort. I have skied in the La Plagne area for many years on and off, and only if you have second year skiers or beginners would I suggest you stick to La Plagne and not include the cable car to Les Arcs. Good intermediates should be able to look at a piste map and see that they can ski most of any ski resort in a couple of days unless you want to pound up and down the same slopes all day. Spend the marginal extra and even if you decide not to go it wont be wasting a lot.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
20. Re: Should we pay € 20 extra for a full Paradiski lift pass?

Hi Malc. We did buy the full lift pass but unfortunately I only used it for one hour on our first morning - I was hit hard from behind by a French man who was skiing at high speed and he landed on top of me. He hurt his knee and I had 6 broken ribs. Spent the rest of my holiday in agony in our hotel room.

The others in our party only went to Les Arcs once in the end as one of them is a rather nervous intermediate who skis quite slowly.

My hubby went skiing to Les Arcs two weeks later with another group and preferred it to La Plagne so hopefully I will get the chance to ski there myself one day!

Reply to: Should we pay € 20 extra for a full Paradiski lift pass?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted