We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istria Accommodation for Group of 14

Which Istria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, Austria
reviews: 18
Istria Accommodation for Group of 14

I am in the process of planning a 4 days / 3 nights trip (Thursday to Sunday) to Istria for 12-14 friends (all in their mid-30ies) in mid-September. Ideally I would like to accommodate the entire group in one large house or villa. There are three couples and 6-8 singles in the group. Ideally the couples should get private rooms.

We’ll have three cars to split between the group so mobility shouldn’t be a problem. However, I would prefer to find a place in a town center or at least close by so you don’t necessarily need a car to move around. I did my homework on places in Istria and Rovinj probably has most appeal. I’ve done searches on Google and other websites but have only found villas quite far inland. In terms of cost up to 400€ per night would be tolerable, but anything cheaper would be preferred. It would be okay if one or the other of the group ended up in a sleeping bag as well, if need be. If anyone has any recommendations I’d really appreciate hearing about them. Thank you very much!

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
reviews: 1
1. Re: Istria Accommodation for Group of 14

See www.croatianvillas.com They have villas in Istria that accommodate 14 people.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
reviews: 25
2. Re: Istria Accommodation for Group of 14

you will hardly find a villa to accommodate all those people in the centre of Istrian towns, since there are small houses and small apartments. maybe renting several such apartments nearby would be the solution if you insist on staying in the centre. however, all those towns are small, and if you find a villa in their suburbs, it will be still at a walking distance to the centre... In September, and for so many people, you may also try some price negotiations with smaller hotels in the centre...

Vienna, Austria
reviews: 18
3. Re: Istria Accommodation for Group of 14

Thank you! I'll take a look at the link!

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
4. Re: Istria Accommodation for Group of 14

btw, just seen recently a new resort at http://www.ville-zanubia.com/

Kingston upon...
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
reviews: 24
5. Re: Istria Accommodation for Group of 14

Happy, I don't think they want to spend that much money this time. :-)

Edited: 6:59 am, May 31, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
6. Re: Istria Accommodation for Group of 14

ToF: I am always amazed at what people actually want, and how much it differs from their original post... some will in the end say that they are backpackers, and some say that money's no problem... who'd know...

Kingston upon...
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
reviews: 24
7. Re: Istria Accommodation for Group of 14

Happy, have you looked at the link you posted? Maybe I am missing something but can only see property for sale.

Edited: 10:00 am, June 01, 2013
UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
reviews: 1
8. Re: Istria Accommodation for Group of 14

That was my immediate reaction. They want to rent a holiday villa not to Buy one! Their budget is 400 Euros a night LOL.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
reviews: 22
9. Re: Istria Accommodation for Group of 14

If I can buy one of those for 400 Euro let me know because I will actually buy three or four!!!

London, United...
10. Re: Istria Accommodation for Group of 14

there are many houses that have few apartments joined together.. which works out much cheaper then renting villa..which will never be in the centre of town.

this site has cheap and pricy accommodation, www.istrawiz.com