We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istria Base

Sydney
Istria Base

Hi,

Not sure if my last post was submitted??

Anyway .... we are are looking at spending 4-5 days in the Istria region of Croatia - after reading the forums I'm still a little confused about the best place to use as a base in this area. Rovinj seems popular, but we are very wary of big, touristy, resort towns - much prefer more interesting places that are a bit quieter. Does anyone have any more suggestions???? We will have a car and after a few days will be heading to Zadar.

Thanks

Zagreb
reviews: 37
1. Re: Istria Base

This could be too late now, not sure if you are still looking.

I've been to Istria many times, we usually use Pula as a base. It's honestly very lovely. It can be touristy, but it depends on the time of year you are visiting. If you are going there this month, there will probably not be many or any tourists! Rovinj is a short drive from Pula.

2. Re: Istria Base

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 09, 2009