We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toledo 1/2 Day Tour - alone (w? guide book) or tour operator

Boston
reviews: 29
Toledo 1/2 Day Tour - alone (w? guide book) or tour operator

I am traveling to Madrid next week and was planning a day trip to Toledo. I was originally going to do it on my own with my Rick Steve's guide book for reference, but someone recommended doing an organized tour.

Is one way better than the other? Certainly the self guided tour is cheaper. However, I don't want to miss anything, but I do want to be able to explore and not be part of a group the entire time so I'm torn.

Any thoughts, recommendations or advice would be appreciated!

South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Toledo 1/2 Day Tour - alone (w? guide book) or tour operator

Enjoy the ancient capitol of Spain at your leisure www.go-toledo.com

Train from Madrid www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,678
2. Re: Toledo 1/2 Day Tour - alone (w? guide book) or tour operator

boston:

I would do it on my own. Read the top question about the day trip to Toledo in the Madrid forum.

Also read the top questions in the Toledo forum.

Edited: 11:46 pm, November 26, 2012
karachi
reviews: 4
3. Re: Toledo 1/2 Day Tour - alone (w? guide book) or tour operator

Nurioopta and Benny have recommended wisely. Toledo- the travel destination of a lifetime- is best explored individually. Within the constraining time frame of a daytrip (consider an overnight stay, with a mid-afternoon departure to Madrid, the following day) you could perhaps accommodate the magnificent Santa Maria Cathedral ; the two synagogues- El Transito and Santa Maria La Blanca ; Iglesia de Santo Tome; Monasterio de San Juan de los Reyes (a personal favourite) ; the Alcazar ; Museo del Greco ; Museo Santa Cruz ... with more time on hand, the sky is the limit, of course!

PS Click on the "Walks and Monuments" section, in the link provided by Nurioopta. The four expertly chalked out itineraries are inspirational ...

4. Re: Toledo 1/2 Day Tour - alone (w? guide book) or tour operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 17, 2013