We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas party at the Boardwalk

Which Kemah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Alberta...
reviews: 6
Christmas party at the Boardwalk

Hello!

My company is hosting their Christmas party at the Boardwalk. However, I've never been down to Kemah or the Houston area before and we'll be arriving on a Thursday.....the party isn't till Saturday. Other than shopping at the outlet malls in Katy and going to the Galleria Mall in Houston, does anyone have any suggestions for other fun things to do? Myself and 2 other girls are around the 30 mark so we're up for almost anything!

Thanks!

Dian in Calgary

Bellaire, Texas
1. Re: Christmas party at the Boardwalk

Go to Galeveston Island--South of Kemah and walk along the Strand (Shops) and the Beach (at the Seawall)---there are plenty of places to eat there also.

You can visit the Museum of Fine Arts (admiission fee) and the

Science Museum and the Zoo (all in close proximity in the "Museum District")

There is also a "Theatre District" of sorts downtown--can get pricey.

There are also comedy spots and jazz clubs and other clubs around the city (get the Thursday insert in the Houston Chronicle or go online to www.Chron.com) Also check out the Houston Press (weekly newspaper for the non-traditional) also online.

You need to rent a car--no buses the the Metro train line, please--you'll never get there using those.

I'm originally from Chicago, so I don't think the pizza in this town is that great--though you might try Star Pizza off Shephard near 610 Loop (off I-59)--also 59 Diner in the same area is very typical Texas (try the Chicken Fried Steak--very Southern U.S.). Lots of Chinese Buffets (all you can eat for about $8.00 at Dinner--and less $$ for lunch)--try the ones in the new China Town going west on Bellaire Boulevard (starting in the 9500 block range)--there is also a Hong Kong market mall which is a hoot.

Sorry to say, I do not find Houston very interesting because it is not a pedestrian friendly urban place. The downtown is a zero, unless you like Court Houses and Bail Bonds joints.

Memorial Park (610 and Memorial Drive) has a 3K jogging path that is very popular and so does Rice University (University at Greenbriar near the Medical Center) which is also nice and you get to see some beautiful Live Oak Trees that stay green all year long.

Carol in Bellaire (Houston burb)

Get answers to your questions about Kemah
More Kemah Topics