We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A question from a Brit!........Corpus Christi from IAH

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 26
A question from a Brit!........Corpus Christi from IAH

Good morning Houston!

I wanted to vacation with my family whilst in Houston and Galveston seems a bit pricey (end of March for 10 nights) in a condo and I have seen someone suggest the above who said it was only 2 hours from IAH but "google" says 4 hours.

Who is correct?

For us Brits, 4 hours seems too long compared to 1.5 hrs to Galveston.

If it is 4 hours, could any of you kind folk suggest anywhere else?

Texas city for example(haven't got a clue what that's like!

We don't mind a 30 minute drive to the beach etc?

Many thanks

Cheers

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
reviews: 62
11. Re: A question from a Brit!........Corpus Christi from IAH

Not too sure I can agree with you tater. Firstly, we haven't experienced a hurricane in years so not sure what you are talking about there.

All kinds of things to do in Port Aransas from kayaking, to windsurfing, deep sea fishing, dolphin excursions, an Arnold Palmer links type golf course...just to name a few, and the restaurant scene is really exploding as well on the island.

We also have the Padre Island National Seashore to explore on North Padre Island or just south is the legendary King Ranch.

Katy, Texas
reviews: 2
12. Re: A question from a Brit!........Corpus Christi from IAH

yeah i was shocked on both my recent trips to corpus that the "non-major-retailer or tourist shop" shopping scene hadn't bounced back yet, in fact, parts of corpus DOWNTOWN were still boarded up in 2012 >_<

...you're right about the outdoor activities! I guess i just didn't count/think of them b/c every beachy-touristy place has em so it's not something "unique" which is what *I* personally look for when I drive 3+ hours… sorry! haha color me embarrassed :)

Edited: 8:07 pm, February 17, 2013
13. Re: A question from a Brit!........Corpus Christi from IAH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 19, 2014