We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Marriott? JW-Galleria, West Loop-Galleria, Renaissance

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
luv2trvl247
reviews: 16
Which Marriott? JW-Galleria, West Loop-Galleria, Renaissance

We will be traveling between University of St Thomas, Target, The Galleria and Costco. Does anyone have any opinion on which Hotel to choose? Need to stick with Marriott Brand. We would like to be as comfortable as possible and we will be renting a car. My choices are JW Marriott at the Galleria, Marriott West Loop near the Galleria, and The Renaissance Hotel Greenway Plaza.

Kingwood, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 49
1. Re: Which Marriott? JW-Galleria, West Loop-Galleria, Renaissance

I really dont see any advantages or disadvantages - all are close to each other and in heavily congested areas. Renaissance and JW, I feel are better than the other. Renaissance parking is shared with the Greenway office complex and Lake Wood Church (unless thing have chnged recently). I guess I talked myself to JW.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 194
2. Re: Which Marriott? JW-Galleria, West Loop-Galleria, Renaissance

Access would be easiest with Marriott West Loop. You can exit onto access road, make U-turn, and then exit onto San Felipe to get to Target store on San Felipe. To get to U of St Thomas, you can either stay on access road for an additional mile or so and turn on Woodway, which leads you through Memorial Park directly to Shepherd Drive, which is where UST is located. Going to Costco is relatively simple, as well--just take access road until it forces you to off onto Post Oak Blvd., then south to Richmond Ave, then east to Weslayan, and you're at Costco.

The JW Marriott is essentially three blocks west of I-610, and those three blocks are three of the most heavily-travelled blocks in the city. It can be very difficult to head back east from that hotel.

Renaissance is more convenient than others to Costco only, but far less convenient to Target or UST.

luv2trvl247
3. Re: Which Marriott? JW-Galleria, West Loop-Galleria, Renaissance

Thank you so much!! Very helpful !!!

Houston, TX
reviews: 30
4. Re: Which Marriott? JW-Galleria, West Loop-Galleria, Renaissance

The JWM Galleria is one or two grades above the other two, and for your purposes is just as convenient vis a vis driving times. So if price is not an issue, I'd go with JWM G.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 194
5. Re: Which Marriott? JW-Galleria, West Loop-Galleria, Renaissance

FWIW, I agree with Jackta that JW Marriott is best of three in terms of quality, but still stick with my caveat about trying to head east from there, especially any time near rush hour--it's virtually impossible. Of course, either of the Marriott's is going to be in a high-traffic area at either rush hour.

luv2trvl247
6. Re: Which Marriott? JW-Galleria, West Loop-Galleria, Renaissance

Thanks again!

Arlington, Texas
7. Re: Which Marriott? JW-Galleria, West Loop-Galleria, Renaissance

Marriott west loop has the nicest rooms and exercise room

Arlington, Texas
8. Re: Which Marriott? JW-Galleria, West Loop-Galleria, Renaissance

Marriott west loop has the nicest rooms and exercise room

luv2trvl247
9. Re: Which Marriott? JW-Galleria, West Loop-Galleria, Renaissance

Thank you!!!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
reviews: 299
10. Re: Which Marriott? JW-Galleria, West Loop-Galleria, Renaissance

Hi,

I second that emotion! While the JW Marriot is nice, getting to and from the area it is in, might be a headache, at high traffic times, which are frequent..

If you are looking for a good meal, not too far away, you might enjoy Canopy: great food, drinks and service, in a relaxing atmosphere. We love their "upscale" mac n cheese, and desserts, too!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/canopy-houston

The West Loop location gets great reviews here on TA,and that's usually my deciding factor. The location is good, and it's got great service,and comfortable rooms, which are great at the end of a fun, busy day, here in Houston.

enjoy your trip!

cc,

Cupcake

Edited: 5:26 am, March 08, 2013